WE826GO-U Connection Issue

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jlc_64

WE826GO-U Connection Issue

Post by jlc_64 »

I've used a WE826GO-U and a 750 Spitz both with a Quectel EPO6-A and Quectel EC25-AF with the same results. The modem looks to connect and the network connects but with no internet connectivity. The original setup of the 750 and EC25-AF was working great until a couple days ago and stopped working. I3 Mobile is the supplier and I checked with them to make sure my account was active and nothing needed reset on that side.

I'm unsure what to test at this point. I use commands: AT+QCFG="usbnet",2 --- AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0 --- AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate" and set the APN as blank to get connected. Also the DNS is set at both the in the LAN and the connection profile. Below is the screen shots of everything: On the WAN1 setup you never see RX packets just TX packets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826GO-U Connection Issue

Post by Didneywhorl »

Can you run a ping via the network menu-> Diagnostics ping tools?
jlc_64

Post by jlc_64 »

ping: bad address 'openwrt.org'

I have also tried to ping 8.8.8.8 through the CMD prompt with 100% loss
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

I see that you have AT&T as the provider. Is your APN set correctly for the MVNO you are using? Also with AT&T it is entirely possible that they decided to block you. (By the way your 100% signal strength is amazing.)
jlc_64

Post by jlc_64 »

MattB29 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:53 am I see that you have AT&T as the provider. Is your APN set correctly for the MVNO you are using? Also with AT&T it is entirely possible that they decided to block you. (By the way your 100% signal strength is amazing.)
Over the last couple years I have used I3 Mobile and the APN has always been left blank. If you hard set a APN in never connects. This time around with it not connecting, I tried to use the typical "broadband" "nxtgenphone". When it does connect is looks like it uses "servingcell". I have also tried to set that as the APN with no luck. That's why I talked to I3 Mobile and they have assured me the account is working and not blocked but at this point I'm not convinced it is not the issue. As for the 100% I use a WeBoost that helps the signal. I have turned off the WeBoost and still get the same results with not having internet access.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Can't find any I3 mobile with internet search so hard to say if they have a APN they need. Interesting that you could get online in the past without a APN set unless it populated itself via your sim.

If you have a data sim from someone else you could check your hardware is OK.
jlc_64

Post by jlc_64 »

MattB29 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:22 pm Can't find any I3 mobile with internet search so hard to say if they have a APN they need. Interesting that you could get online in the past without a APN set unless it populated itself via your sim.

If you have a data sim from someone else you could check your hardware is OK.
https://www.i3mobile.us/ I was grandfathered in at less then 1/2 the current price so it has been a great deal and has given 20-30mbs consistently over the years.

I have to: AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate" so the sim can auto populate the APN. As far as hardware I have used two different modems and routers.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Looked at their website. I would guess you are being blocked by AT&T.

Incidentally I ran out of my DATA allotment this last weekend on my Cricket DATA only plan (AT&T) it presented almost identical symptoms that you are showing. Connected but nothing more. Other than the notice in SMS messaging I had run out data I would been at a loss to explain it. The next day my allotment was renewed and everything is back working.
jlc_64

Post by jlc_64 »

MattB29 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:04 pm Looked at their website. I would guess you are being blocked by AT&T.

Incidentally I ran out of my DATA allotment this last weekend on my Cricket DATA only plan (AT&T) it presented almost identical symptoms that you are showing. Connected but nothing more. Other than the notice in SMS messaging I had run out data I would been at a loss to explain it. The next day my allotment was renewed and everything is back working.
At one time this plan had a cap of 250GB but then the cap was removed however it was suggested not to over use it or you would be "terminated". I also get texts to the router saying - You have reached your 22GB data limit and have been restricted but the speed never have changed. We typically us about 60GB a month. I was lucky enough to get star link about 3 months ago and just use the I3 Mobile plan for zoom calls as starlink still has random drops in service.

I talked to I3 again about a hour ago and they are going to send a new sim. It almost sounds like a IPAD plan reseller and I got canned.
jlc_64

Post by jlc_64 »

Update: New sim fixed the issue. So it looks like AT&T was blocking the connection.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Thanks for the update. Do not be terribly shocked if the new one gets blocked also. AT&T is going to shutdown all non whitelisted devices come Feb. 2022.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The worst problems to troubleshoot are this. The SIM gets disabled or blocked somehow and causes hair to fall out trying to figure it out.

Return to “General and Unclassified”