We826 t2 possibly flagged?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Fishheadfrog
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

We826 t2 possibly flagged?

Post by Fishheadfrog »

Hi everyone! I am a total noob at all this stuff and I’m having an issue. I’m still learning terms and language related to this. So if I get flamed or called out I understand.
So about a year ago I got my hands on a we826 t2 put a sim in it and used it without a problem. Then the teens in my house started to take the sim and put it in their phones to text and prank call their friends and so on. Not long after that the service was shut down. So I was thinking no big deal I’ll get another sim and start a new. Fallowing the instructions I got from here and YouTube I I me a new im# and put the sim in. Everything is connecting up and looks to be running fine. I can send text while logged in the router and receive and read the replies as well. But every time I try to connect to the web it redirects me saying something along the lines of “ you are trying to use data but have none” not a direct quote. Anyhow I’m happy to do the work and search but I’m not sure what to search for as everything seems to be operational just no web. Ime#good, APN =BROADBAND ,TTL=65 everything else is stock cause I did a reset in hopes that would solve my issue. It did not.
So did I get flagged and blocked? Or do I just cut my losses and move on?
Didneywhorl

Re: We826 t2 possibly flagged?

Post by Didneywhorl »

What plan are you using?
Fishheadfrog

Post by Fishheadfrog »

Att unlimited. $65 plan.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I have heard others saying that the pre-paid att phone plans, and some consumer lvl post paid, have been getting cracked down on.

I'm not certain as I've not used it myself lately.
Fishheadfrog

Post by Fishheadfrog »

Could possibly be the case.. my lack of knowledge isn’t helping either.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

If I remember correctly, the apn for prepaid phone plan is 'nxtgenphone' and not 'broadband'. I think broadband apn is for hotplot/tablet type devices. Might try changing apn and see what happens? Also might try to ping another device from the router to verify it is using correct TTL.
Fishheadfrog

Post by Fishheadfrog »

I will give it a shot and see what happens.
Fishheadfrog

Post by Fishheadfrog »

Just an update for anyone who is fallowing, still no luck. Going to try a Verizon sim and see if that works.

Return to “General and Unclassified”