I don't know what to buy anymore

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
green73

I don't know what to buy anymore

Post by green73 »

My first dive into cellular internet has been a complete failure: a gl-inet x750 which won't work with att or verizon. I starting to think I will have to return everything and start over.

Judging from recent posts here and elsewhere, I am at a complete loss as to what actually works anymore. Has anyone activated a new plan with a router in the past month or two?
ironman_gq
Has thanked: 0

Re: I don't know what to buy anymore

Post by ironman_gq »

Which modem module did you get in the unit? They have different options for different carriers.

ATT sells a mobile hotspot plan with 100GB of data for $55, you can order online or get it at any ATT store. Should work great as long as the modem used is on their whitelist of compatible modems.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

ironman_gq wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:14 am Which modem module did you get in the unit? They have different options for different carriers.

ATT sells a mobile hotspot plan with 100GB of data for $55, you can order online or get it at any ATT store. Should work great as long as the modem used is on their whitelist of compatible modems.
Do you have access to the Whitelist of compatible modems for after 3G shutdown?
green73

Post by green73 »

I think the modem in the x750v2 is a Quectel EC25-AF. The modem name in the web gui is EC25AFFAR07A08M4G. And the x750v2 is the one they advertise as "ATT certified".

The plan I trying to use and can't get to work is the ATT 100GB/$55 prepaid one. Today the manufacturer has acknowledged they are getting many reports of problems with ATT but didn't give any hope that they would or could resolve the problem.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”