Modem AT Commands - OpenWRT SnapShot

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Prvt.N00b

Modem AT Commands - OpenWRT SnapShot

Post by Prvt.N00b »

Hi everyone

this is the deal, I have WG1608 which a friend of mine bought here, but he got tired of fighting with it trying to get 5ghz and 2.4ghz working at the same time, we both try using GoldenOrb Firmwares and The Wireless Haven too, flashing back and forth all kind of firmware, going from WG1806 all the way now to WG3526 ones, the point is, I decided to go with a clean OpenWRT snapshot and it has been working pretty well, however I´m missing the modem tab, well not a big deal for me because I know where I can gent and find almost every AT commands for the wireless sierra modem that I'm using with this setup, the problem is I have not been able to move forward from this point, I tried using minicom, doesn’t work it gets to a point where I can't type any commands whatsoever also try with socat too and the answer is the same. I’ve moved from ttyUSB0 all the wat to /dev/cdc-wdm0 and no go too.

Obviously I wish I could find an ipk to install and have the GoldenOrb Modem tab installed but right now it goes beyond my knowledge.

I did found also an alternative which a leaver here posted so anyone can try, but they also report nothing, no connection to my modem.

Forgot to mention that I can browse the web without any problem because I properly configure my TTL and everything, I can use ModemManager, Easytether and QMI Celllular, they seem to me to connect pretty fast when I reboot my router, faster than we it used with the GoldenOrb firmware.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adm1jtg

Re: Modem AT Commands - OpenWRT SnapShot

Post by Adm1jtg »

Most in here actually use a separate device for WiFi. So a wg3526 for all modem functions using either rooter or wifix, regular golden orb I don't believe directly supports modems thus why you don't have the modem tab. The other device for WiFi is just any simple router connected via Ethernet. Personally I use a c800... Cost me 40 bucks used.

Bottom line is the built in wifi is almost always significantly worse then using a dedicated device for WiFi

Return to “General and Unclassified”