Can't get to NEXQ6GO... Help please!

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
hopsguy
Been thanked: 0

Can't get to NEXQ6GO... Help please!

Post by hopsguy »

My power went out last night while trying to make some changes on my router... since then, I haven't been able to access the admin interface at 192.168.2.1 over wifi or Lan port

I was in the process of disabling DHCP. Now, when I'm plugged into the router, it's assigning my Mac a 169.x.x.x IP and isn't giving me a gateway IP...

I lost power literally after hitting save/apply - horrible timing.... router still powers on, able to connect to wifi, but no internet. Also tried reset button multiple times and nothing seems to be happening...

Do I need to re-flash? Is that possible without access to the GUI?
Didneywhorl

Re: Can't get to NEXQ6GO... Help please!

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hello!

What luck!

It probably saved just fine, and now it isn't giving out IP addresses, as you disabled dhcp.

You will likely have to reflash the firmware only if you can't gain access anymore.

First, though, try setting your pc ethernet interface to the IP range that set the routers ethernet static address.
IE: If the routers LAN is 192.168.2.1, then set your pc to static IP 192.168.2.15.

Save that, unplug the ethernet cable from the router, then plug it back in.

If you just can't get in, use the "Firmware Recovery Method"
hopsguy
Been thanked: 0

Post by hopsguy »

Thanks! Will give that a try when I get home.

Is this the correct tutorial for the firmware recovery method to use on the NEXQ6GO? (Just in case)

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2051
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

hopsguy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:26 pm Thanks! Will give that a try when I get home.

Is this the correct tutorial for the firmware recovery method to use on the NEXQ6GO? (Just in case)

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2051
Yep!

Return to “WiFiX Routers”