Want to use Verizon

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
LTE_boi
Been thanked: 0

Want to use Verizon

Post by LTE_boi »

Hi gents, i currently have a wg3526 running on AT&T that works pretty well. However, the Verizon coverage in my area is much better. What's the easiest way to get this unit running Verizon? I see others have mentioned Visible, but I am concerned with the 5mbps speed cap.
Didneywhorl

Re: Want to use Verizon

Post by Didneywhorl »

What modem are you using?
LTE_boi

Post by LTE_boi »

I'm using a WG3526 with a Quectel EP06. I'd like to stick with this router, but I'm definitely willing to buy a different modem for this unit. If that isn't possible what are some known router and modem combos that work with Visible or another Verizon carrier?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

All quectel modems work well with visible.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

I have that exact combination and have been running on verizon for almost a year.Before you ask the plan I am on was ONLY for 55+ and is no longer being offered.
LTE_boi

Post by LTE_boi »

Awesome news about the Quectel compatability! Is Visible going to be my best option as far as getting on Verizon's network?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

I like Quectel modems. Since they can be set up for auto reboot. Some modems like sierra wireless have to have power cycle (turned on and off). Which can't be done automatically.
Also Quectel modems take less commands to do things. And if you look thru these forums sierra wireless modems have issues with loosing modem ports.
In my opinion Quectels modems are just easier to use.
Will say sierra wireless modems allow you to check both antenna signal stats for main and diversity with Quectel don't.
LTE_boi

Post by LTE_boi »

I also see that you need to activate a Visible SIM by using an old unlocked phone. After I do that for one device, would I then be able to activate another Visible SIM for use in another device using that same phone and have both devices and SIMs continue to work?
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

gscheb wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 pm I like Quectel modems. Since they can be set up for auto reboot. Some modems like sierra wireless have to have power cycle (turned on and off). Which can't be done automatically.
Can you explain this to me a bit more please?

Like what's the usecase and why using the router power toggle from GoldenOrb won't be a good fit for reboot and instead have the modem itself auto reboot?

If you have pointers to the pages in the documentation that talk about this, I would really appreciate it :)
LTE_boi wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:32 pm Awesome news about the Quectel compatability! Is Visible going to be my best option as far as getting on Verizon's network?
Visible is the cheapest and most stressful way to get on Verizon's network - whether it's your "best option" depends on what your parameters are.
LTE_boi wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 pm I also see that you need to activate a Visible SIM by using an old unlocked phone. After I do that for one device, would I then be able to activate another Visible SIM for use in another device using that same phone and have both devices and SIMs continue to work?
Yes
LTE_boi

Post by LTE_boi »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:00 pm
Visible is the cheapest and most stressful way to get on Verizon's network - whether it's your "best option" depends on what your parameters are.
What are my options, aside from Visible, for a less stressful path onto Verizon's network? My parameters would include unlimited data and to be able to set it up on common router/modem combinations. I'd definitely be willing to pay a bit more for that
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

LTE_boi wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:52 pm What are my options, aside from Visible, for a less stressful path onto Verizon's network?
https://joincircledin.com/

Return to “General and Unclassified”