WE826-T2

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
JohnnyChristo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826-T2

Post by JohnnyChristo »

Hi all
I have a WE826-t2
I want to access hotel portals through it so my othe devices can access it without logging into the portal. Any thoughts would be welcome.
I believe the ravel package to be ideal but i cant locate the firmware upgrade.
JC
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826-T2

Post by Didneywhorl »

Do you mean to setup your wifi as a WAN client bridge? Look up WiFi as WAN for openWRT. I've done it, but it's not super straight forward. I had to follow a step by step tutorial. Basically you select the wifi and change it to a client instead of access point, I think, then you can use it to look for other wifi signals and log into them.
SXRXNRR24_7
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SXRXNRR24_7 »

what do I do if I flash the router and it's still not broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal I still can't go to the admin page nothing is loading
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

SXRXNRR24_7 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:23 pm what do I do if I flash the router and it's still not broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal I still can't go to the admin page nothing is loading
First thing I would do is make sure that my web browser is cleared of all cache and then only use a private/incognito tab in the browser for all router settings and operations in the webUI. The web cache of all browsers does some dumb stuff when these routers aren't acting right.

Second thing I would do is flash it with firmware recovery, then flash it again. Then maybe again.

It sounds odd, but its what I always do.

Also, when issues arise always use ethernet to troubleshoot, and never wifi. You say you cant use the wifi, so Im sure that's what you are doing, but I have to say it anyway.

Return to “Firmware”