Unable to connect to internet through WE1326

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jhbest
Been thanked: 0

Unable to connect to internet through WE1326

Post by jhbest »

I have a WE1326 using WiFiX firmware with a Quectel EC25-AF modem.

Due to issues I was having with AT&T's internet quality in our area I decided to give Verizon a try. I'm getting a good connection, and looking at the status pages the modem appears to be connecting fine. Also, using the Network Diagnostics page, ping, traceroute and nslookup all work OK, but I am unable to get internet on my PC.

It seems to me like the modem is working fine, but the router is not passing it through to the network. What I am overlooking? Are there special firewall settings used with Verizon? Everything was fine with the AT&T sim, but what's different with Verizon?

Can anyone offer me some clues as to what settings I should check? I am completely baffled.
Didneywhorl

Re: Unable to connect to internet through WE1326

Post by Didneywhorl »

Both via wifi and LAN?
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Does your verizon plan have unlimited tethering data or does it like mine slow data on tether to 2g/3g speeds. Wondering if it is working properly but that verizon is seeing you as tethering and thus slowing your data to unusable speeds. TTL trick never worked with me on verizon thats why I suspect this may be the issue. 200k or so can easily seem like not connected at all.

Also if you didnt register your device IMEI with verizon its possible they have disabled your SIM card.

Both issues as far as i know are only issues when using verizon
jhbest

Post by jhbest »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:55 pm Both via wifi and LAN?
Yes it's the same with either wifi or lan.
jhbest

Post by jhbest »

Adm1jtg wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:02 pm Does your verizon plan have unlimited tethering data or does it like mine slow data on tether to 2g/3g speeds. Wondering if it is working properly but that verizon is seeing you as tethering and thus slowing your data to unusable speeds. TTL trick never worked with me on verizon thats why I suspect this may be the issue. 200k or so can easily seem like not connected at all.

Also if you didnt register your device IMEI with verizon its possible they have disabled your SIM card.

Both issues as far as i know are only issues when using verizon
The SIM card is not disabled because I am connecting to LTE. You may be on to something with the throttling, but I think I would still get something showing a connection. The plan I'm using is from a reseller, so I'm not sure of the specifics of the plan.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

jhbest wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:08 pm Also, using the Network Diagnostics page, ping, traceroute and nslookup all work OK, but I am unable to get internet on my PC.
This would confirm that it not on the provider side of things if you can ping/trace/lookup from router to a website such as google or yahoo or similar. Might plug in a different pc or device and see what happens? Maybe check and see what ip/gateway/dns your pc is being assigned? Do you have any extra equipment between pc and modem such as switch or another router?

I remember with prior att/vzw setups that they like to block port 80 if they see anything amiss which mostly made it look like you have no internet connection. Temporarily using a vpn could be a way to verify if that was the culprit.
jhbest

Post by jhbest »

mtl26637 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:34 am Might plug in a different pc or device and see what happens? Maybe check and see what ip/gateway/dns your pc is being assigned? Do you have any extra equipment between pc and modem such as switch or another router?

I remember with prior att/vzw setups that they like to block port 80 if they see anything amiss which mostly made it look like you have no internet connection. Temporarily using a vpn could be a way to verify if that was the culprit.
Other devices won't connect either.
ip/gateway/dns all seem to be valid for the router.
There is no other equipment between PC and router.
And I am unable to connect to a VPN. I also tried sending an email (to check a port other than 80) but was unable to connect to the server.

There was one interesting thing. I did run ping and traceroute from the PC. I got nothing on ping, but traceroute worked - just slowly.

Return to “ZBT Routers”