Getting the MC7455 working...

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
super-6-1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Getting the MC7455 working...

Post by super-6-1 »

I have been looking and looking but i can't seem to understand this. I have a MC7455 inside a gl-inet mudi. I got it to only connect once with very bad speeds and when i changed to Band 2 it stops working. The service on the simcard is fine and works in other routers. Before changing the card out it worked fine (from a EC25-AFFA) What can be going on?

Card is already in MBIM mode, sim works, band lock is to B2 and B12. the mudi is a Openwrt router.
Didneywhorl

Re: Getting the MC7455 working...

Post by Didneywhorl »

Newest firmware on the modem? Whoch image are you using?

When not on B2, what signal levels do you have? Is your B2 and B12 on the same tower?
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Try not locking bands at all just to see if it will connect and what band it connects on given no restrictions
islander261
Has thanked: 0

Post by islander261 »

Hello

I also have a similar problem. MC7455 with original firmware, WE-826-T2 running GO from 3/6/21. Using Calyx SIM to connect through T-Mobile tower. Always had just left modem in QMI mode that it came in, everything works fine for 14 hours then connection between modem and router dies. The modem always communicated with the router over ...ttyUSB2. I tried to use MBIM mode the other day to see if it changed anything and it did. The router and modem now use ...ttyUSB1. The modem tries to connect to the network and then hangs. Everything is going well with the connection script until it tries to read the SMS messages the second time then it just hangs and times out. I worked at this for over an hour with no joy so back to QMI mode. Everything started up just fine and connected second try. Everything is working the same as before except that the modem and the router are still using ...ttyUSB1.

John

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”