Does Turris Omnia support 2 modems?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
PhilJones
Has thanked: 0

Does Turris Omnia support 2 modems?

Post by PhilJones »

Hi all, I have a Turris Omnia with a EM7565 Sierra Modem. I had bought a EM7565 that I dogged the connector on (old eyes, tiny connectors). I had to buy another which is what I am using...I was thinking I may be able to solder the antenna to the lands on the modem board and resurrect it (I soldered in a job at one point of my life, so pretty good at it) ...
I have an external USB I can test the modem in, and if it works, get a mini PCIE adapter with a sim slot. I could replace one of the Wifi modules in the Turris(I have extenders that support 2.4 and 5.0 so not worried to remove one) ... I am running GoldenOrb Openwrt... I can create another interface for the second modem... What I am hoping, if it works , that maybe I can bridge/load balance ... If I can considerable more speed/stability , I would consider paying for 2 sim plans.

Has anyone tried this?
bjames

Re: Does Turris Omnia support 2 modems?

Post by bjames »

Is there a USB header on the router PCB? I cannot tell from the photos on The Wireless Haven. If it does, I would consider using a USB to M2 adapter and mount it somewhere internally for the second modem. How did your repair on the modem connectors come out?

Return to “General and Unclassified”