one of my UFL female pigtails seems a bit loose

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
habituallimit
Has thanked: 0

one of my UFL female pigtails seems a bit loose

Post by habituallimit »

I bought a bunch of items off The Wireless Haven and am having problems with one of my UFL female to TNC pigtails. The female UFL seems to pop off the mc7455 male UFL relatively easily. It's really easy to connect it to the male UFL but it doesn't seem to ever mount properly onto the connector I think. I've clicked it onto the the modem but even when I think it's mounted properly I press to make sure and still here some minor popping noise like it was not completely mounted onto the male UFL. My other UFL to TNC pigtail is fine but the other one I feel that if the router were to be minorly jostled it would come lose.

I've switched both the UFL/TNC cables to other sides and the problem still persists with that particular UFL/TNC pigtail. I went back to the UFL to SMA pigtails again just to see how they snapped on and they seem a bit harder to put on but once on they stay on the modem. Is this this normal?
bjames

Re: one of my UFL female pigtails seems a bit loose

Post by bjames »

Those UFL connectors are tedious to work with and easy to spread apart. I have managed to reshape/close them using a tiny set of needle-nose pliers and a magnifying glass. I have also ruined one or two in the process. The good part is your modem connectors appear to be good and rounded.
habituallimit

Post by habituallimit »

I'll take a look at that. I'm dreading getting the rg178mm pigtails inside the we826-2. The cords are to thick, just not enough flexibility to them. I'm probably going to get the 1.13mm cords for the flexibility. On the plus side I've become a pro at connecting male to female ufl connectors now. I'm pretty new to this so I'm learning as I go.
bjames

Post by bjames »

That would be a wise decision. The 1.78mm cables are too stiff to route inside the WE826 without placing the cable in a bind and hence, the UFL connectors. The 1.13mm will work just fine and be a lot easier to install.
photoacer
Been thanked: 0

Post by photoacer »

this what I do once I have the cable connected to the modem use a hot glue gun on the low setting put a dab on top of the fitting and have some on the sides this way it will not fall off it is easy to remove the glue with your fingernail this is how the pros do it the $365 Mofi so it can't be wrong LOL

Return to “General and Unclassified”