Modem and router build help

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
bobbcudi
Has thanked: 0

Modem and router build help

Post by bobbcudi »

Hi guys, I've been using the mofi4500 for 3 years now and want to upgrade my modem and router. I want a router that has gigabit lan ports as I would only use it more as a modem and not a router and am looking into a car 16 or cat 18 for my 1st setup. I have a netgear 1600 r6260 laying around and want to know if I can flash that and use that as my router while using a 3.0 USB pci e adapter with sim slot to house the modem. Im not to familiar with that pcie adapter enclosure and want to know if this set up is even possible. I use a Verizon sim with the mofi 4500 sim 4 currently. I max out at around 60 down on a good day and want to get more bands to increase speeds. Thanks for any help as I'm new to building and modding modems.
gscheb

Re: Modem and router build help

Post by gscheb »

bobbcudi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am use a Verizon sim with the mofi 4500 sim 4 currently.
Hello,
Just curious to what kind of Verizon sim you are using?
bobbcudi
Has thanked: 0

Post by bobbcudi »

I go through a 3rd party seller. I'm currently thinking about opening up my own verizon account and going the Verizon tablet route to save money.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

We would need to know things like what bands your currently using, if you would have access to band 66 if your modem supported it, and some stats for things like signal strength and such as its very possible depending on distance and tower utilization that you may not get any better download speeds. Its also possible just switching to band 66 if available might help. Also in a lot of cases changing antennas might be more beneficial then changing router/modems

many unknowns and not enough information
toddw

Post by toddw »

The 7455 in the SIM4 does not support B66 FYI.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”