Quectel EM160R-GL in a WE826t ??

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Quectel EM160R-GL in a WE826t ??

Post by Rrutl »

I have a we826t router (2A power supply) and I'd like to (for now) use Quectel EM160R-GL modem in it and my question relates to whether the we826 can provide enough power . I realize newer routers are typically associated with these modems but getting it setup is my goal atm. Also I'm not able to open the modem with ATI which seems to indicate maybe a com port issue. I'm (obviously) new to the Quectel modems and playing catch up. Any help is appreciated. I'm scrubbing the forums everywhere looking for instructions on com ports management. I permanently locked a good EM 7455 by connecting it to my laptop and letting (not stopping ) windows from taking control of the com port management. Cant afford another mistake like that but I suspect I am needing to change one or more states of the modem to access proper com port for issuing AT commands. Thanks if anyone can offer help or direction.
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Re: Quectel EM160R-GL in a WE826t ??

Post by Rrutl »

Using a program named "AT Command tester" with module in usb adapter on my laptop, I can retrieve much info about the module, but the we826 cant communicate through AT. The AT com port seems to be com 9 and I've checked command responses with success, but I'm trying to determine why the router can't talk to the module, any insights ? Rooter issue ? I'm on firmware ver "A05" and I have seen references to "A07" asthe latest ver, but it hardly seems likely to be the problem. I'm trying to be extra careful about issuing commands and the generic commands listed in the app (AT command tester ) has many that are not compatible . I'm scouring this forum for references to how to check for protocol mode (mbim/qmi) or any other hurdles that might be causing this lack of connectivity, ANY help is appreciated.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Honestly don't know the answer to your question.
May already know this so sorry if you do. Just wanted to mention that these WE826 routers have LAN ports capped at 100 Mbps. And that modem you have is capable at allot higher speeds than that. So even if you get this working the WE826 will always be holding it back.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which version of 826 rooter firmware are you running?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”