LT500 with Vision Wireless

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
mirloc
Has thanked: 0

LT500 with Vision Wireless

Post by mirloc »

I'm getting very low performance from the connection, the router seems to be connecting on Band 13 to a tower, however, there's a closer one on Band 66 that gets nearly 10x the speed on my phone...

Is there a way to force the router to the Band 66? I've tried manually setting the band in the options, but it just sits there saying CONNECTING when I do that...
Didneywhorl

Re: LT500 with Vision Wireless

Post by Didneywhorl »

That's odd. Are you using a Visible SIM in your phone too?
mirloc

Post by mirloc »

I tried the sim in my Pixel 3XL and got roughly the same results as when I am on my Verizon sim (within a couple kbps on a speed test)

With the Verizon sim, I am getting 12 up and 2 down on band 66.

With the Vision sim, I am getting 2 up and 1 down (at best) on band 13.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Honestly that may be all you can get. If your only getting roughly 12Mbps down using a phone with 4x4 MIMO antennas and a category 16 modem chip inside with capability of 3x to 5x carrier aggregation, then your category 4 modem with no carrier aggregation and "only" 2x2 MIMO is likely only going to get half or less. Though not always.

Try locking the phone to B13 only and see if it does as well. Not easy to do on phones though. :(

Not a fair comparison of hardware really.

That said it is odd that your not getting B66, unless that band is very weak. phones typically have very optimized antennas. B66 is 2.5-3x the frequency of B13. ie: B66 penetrates and travels less than B13.

Have you tried moving the router around your place, or even on a cord outside in the yard to see if you can pickup B66?
mirloc

Post by mirloc »

That was my next step, and I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and see if it shows me access to b66.

Thank you for the information, this makes a whole lot more sense the way you put it.
prasta

Post by prasta »

mirloc wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:34 pm That was my next step, and I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and see if it shows me access to b66.

Thank you for the information, this makes a whole lot more sense the way you put it.
What ended up happening here? Any luck?

Return to “General and Unclassified”