GL x750 EP06-A T-Mobile Troubleshooting

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Robertc4
Been thanked: 0

GL x750 EP06-A T-Mobile Troubleshooting

Post by Robertc4 »

I admit I’m a complete beginner, and have never so much as even dabbled in this topic before. But I have absolutely no idea how to set this router up to work properly. I’ve got an activated SIM card in the device, on the Magenta Max plan, but I need help configuring my settings, as I don’t even know where to start. Could someone explain what I need to do to get this thing working properly?

Edit: So, since posting this I’ve figured out what I need to do to make my device work. My APN needs to be set fast.t-mobile.com, which the device does on its own with the activated SIM card installed in the SIM slot, and I need to change my TTL to 65. I am still, however, having trouble. I’ve got a guy I met online that helped me figure what plan to use, and he says he has 4 successful installations with this exact device and phone plan. I followed his instructions step by step with no success. One thing to note is that today when I removed the sim from my router and placed it back into the iPhone I used to activate the device, instead of reading T-mobile at the top of the phone that reflects signal strength, it read “312250 LTE”. I’m going to leave the SIM card in the “burner phone” for the day and use it to text and call some friends and see if maybe it’ll force some sort of reset on T-mobiles end. I believe I may have experimented with changing too many settings too quickly before I understood what I was doing, and possibly had my account flagged or something. Any further advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. I will post another edit when I figure this thing out.
Didneywhorl

Re: GL x750 EP06-A T-Mobile

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hey Robert, welcome to the forum.

I'm no expert on the GLinet stuff, but I believe with Tmobile all you need to do is set the APN of fast.t-mobile.net and then find TTL/HL settings for the firewall.

If the gli firmware doesn't have this (TTL/HL changing), goldenorb/rooter firmware can be used on the x750, and that info is all over this site.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Robertc4 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:59 pm I admit I’m a complete beginner, and have never so much as even dabbled in this topic before. But I have absolutely no idea how to set this router up to work properly. I’ve got an activated SIM card in the device, on the Magenta Max plan, but I need help configuring my settings, as I don’t even know where to start. Could someone explain what I need to do to get this thing working properly?
If the x750 interface is similar to there other routers could look at this post here.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=8& ... 777#p15672

And if it is similar would want to paste this in there.

#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 64
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 64
#end TTL rules
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Also here is a fast video on changing apn on that x750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdPEGj_ue90

APN should be = fast.t-mobile.com
DonJuane

Re: GL x750 EP06-A T-Mobile Troubleshooting

Post by DonJuane »

This whole TTL setting is new to me. I have been using Rooter with USB modems since it's inception, but is this something that I need to worry about? I just upgraded to a EP06 myself but in a USB enclosure for a regular moded router. Thanks
Didneywhorl

Re: GL x750 EP06-A T-Mobile Troubleshooting

Post by Didneywhorl »

DonJuane wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:17 pm This whole TTL setting is new to me. I have been using Rooter with USB modems since it's inception, but is this something that I need to worry about? I just upgraded to a EP06 myself but in a USB enclosure for a regular moded router. Thanks
Depends on whether or not your getting throttled. If your on a hotspot plan, then you're fine. If you're using ATT, then you're fine. Otherwise, might be a good idea.

Return to “General and Unclassified”