NEXQ6GO-M Setup On Sprint

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Joe43wv

NEXQ6GO-M Setup On Sprint

Post by Joe43wv »

I'm setting up my new NEXQ6GO-M and am running into issues getting it setup. I know part of my issue is this is my first time setting this type of box up. I'm trying to get the box setup on the Sprint network but I can't get it to do anything, including just pulling an IP address from Sprint. I've set my TTL to 65, set the time correctly, and tried all of the Sprint APN's but nothing works. I keep seeing active connections under network summary, didn't know if that's part of the issue or not. I know the SIM card is good and the router is recognizing it because it is showing up with the correct phone number attached. Here's the equipment I have setup.

NEXQ6GO-M Cellular WiFi Router
Quectel EM06-A CAT6 M.2 Modem
Mini PCI-E To M.2 (NGFF) Key B Adapter With Top SIM Card Slot

I don't know if it matters or not but I have the sim card plugged into the slot on the side of the router, not in the PCI-E adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
radec

Re: NEXQ6GO-M Setup On Sprint

Post by radec »

Is the router seeing the sim card? That would rule out any question about where the sim is inserted. If you see sim information on the Modem > Network Status page then you are good.

Do you have the modem in LTE/4g mode only? you can do that with:

Code: Select all

AT+QCFG="NWSCANMODE",3,1
Joe43wv

Post by Joe43wv »

Yes, it was picking up the SIM card. I resolved the issue by switching from MBIM to QMI.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Wow, that's a first for me. Usually QMI to MBIM is a problem solver!

Oh Sprint! you silly thing!

Return to “General and Unclassified”