Sierra EM7565 on pc engines apu4d4 and PF Sense

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
mikeiver
Been thanked: 0

Sierra EM7565 on pc engines apu4d4 and PF Sense

Post by mikeiver »

Hello all, hope there is a bit of help with this one in your brain pans. Been fighting this for some time and finally had to cut and run from a Dell DW8521e based on a Snapdragon X20 modem chip. I just couldn't get it to work so I bought the EM7565. Both are certified on Verizons network.

So after some fiddling I decided to try to update the modem firmware on the Sierra modem. I removed the modem from the APU4D4 board and put it and the SIM card in a USB adapter.. There was a direct link in these forums to the directions and frankly it went very easy and without a hitch. Thanks much to the author for his efforts!

After I loaded in the Verizon firmware on the modem I the installed the drivers on my Win10 pc. Connected a pair of pigtails and antennas to the ports as well as a GPS antenna and windows gave me the modem under networking. I connected to Verizon and ran a speed test and was greeted with about 33Mbps down and around 15Mbps up! It worked perfectly.

Back the the APU4D4 board and PF Sense and after a couple hours of trying and searching I can't seem to get this to work. What the hell am I missing that makes this so easy on Windows and seemingly near impossible on PF Sense?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Return to “General and Unclassified”