Calyx T-Mobile Roaming

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
chronicledmonocle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Calyx T-Mobile Roaming

Post by chronicledmonocle »

Hello All,

Anyone get T-Mobile roaming working on a Quectel modem? I tried locking my EM12G to bands 2, 4, 12, and 66 (each one at a time) and am getting no service. Switching back to Band 41 or 25 for Sprint gets me right in. I'm using the standard r.ispsn APN and I popped my SIM into my Inseego 8000 to pull the PRL updates and such (even though they aren't important for my GoldenOrb router, but was wondering if it "jarred" something on the Sprint side).
mike6097
Been thanked: 0

Re: Calyx T-Mobile Roaming

Post by mike6097 »

Have you figured this out yet? I am having similar issues.
radec

Post by radec »

I was setting up a router with a Mobile Citizen account recently and noticed that it connected to band 12. It was a very recent account....maybe a month old at most. Sprint labeled sim card. I was using the normal r.ispsn APN.

I was using an EM06-A modem.

Anyway just something I noticed. I have not seen mine connect to anything other then sprint bands. My account is probably 3.5 years old at this point.

I guess I'm wondering if a new sim card would help?
Poorguyyy

Post by Poorguyyy »

I had the same issue with pcs4people as well, wondering if anybody knows how to get it connecting tmobile bands?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

This is from their website

T-Mobile Roaming on Calyx Hotspots
November 18th, 2020

Good news! Calyx devices will gain roaming capabilities on to the T-Mobile network through a Preferred Roaming List (PRL) update from Sprint. Once a Calyx device accepts the PRL update, Calyx service will continue on the Sprint network as well as the T-Mobile network. Calyx devices will stay on the Sprint network as long as it’s available. Roaming on the T-Mobile network will only occur when a Calyx device is no longer on the Sprint network and when the T-Mobile network is available.
pineapple

Post by pineapple »

Can someone explain how to add the T-mobile bands?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Well if stilling having sprint bands is the issue maybe could try blocking out the sprint bands. Might trick it into connecting to roaming on T-Mobile
Poorguyyy

Post by Poorguyyy »

gscheb wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:19 am Well if stilling having sprint bands is the issue maybe could try blocking out the sprint bands. Might trick it into connecting to roaming on T-Mobile
I tried locking specifically on band 66, 71 and 12, but still no luck with pcs4people sim getting on Tmobile network. My guess is as long as Sprint existing in the area, you wont be able to connect it to Tmobile tower.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Poorguyyy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:14 pm I tried locking specifically on band 66, 71 and 12, but still no luck with pcs4people sim getting on Tmobile network. My guess is as long as Sprint existing in the area, you wont be able to connect it to Tmobile tower.
This has been loosely confirmed via others testing the same.
radec

Post by radec »

Just an update to this. I have MobileCitizen. The other day I noticed I was connected to band 4. Today I'm back on band 25. I haven't specifically tried locking to any other t-mobile bands. But I wonder if things are changing with this.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”