B13 Version of MikroTik LXT

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
lpr600
Has thanked: 0

B13 Version of MikroTik LXT

Post by lpr600 »

I recently found this device from MikroTik, https://mikrotik.com/product/sxt_lte_kit_us and was ecstatic. It ticked all the boxes for what we need - a PoE powered modem, high gain directional antenna, small form factor, and a great price. And, as usual, I ordered one without reading the fine print. We exclusively use Verizon, so when I got it and tried to use it I quickly realized the mistake I had made.

I'd love to find something similar that will work with Verizon. Does anyone know of any similar products?

Thanks.
punkguy00017

Re: B13 Version of MikroTik LXT

Post by punkguy00017 »

Looks good no price and can't buy it
lpr600

Post by lpr600 »

punkguy00017 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:29 am Looks good no price and can't buy it
No, that's just their spec page. The suggested price is on there, $129. Amazon has them, but I need something like this for Band 13.
giant22000

Post by giant22000 »

If you are comfortable with Mikrotik CLI, you CAN install an EC25-AF (which does support B13) in Mikrotik LTE products. But, I wouldn't recommend tackling this option for Mikrotik beginners. Installing the hardware is the easy part, it's the getting the Mikrotik device to properly identify and work with the EC25-AF can be a bit tricky. Haven't done this in a while so it might be simpler than it was in the past.
lpr600

Post by lpr600 »

giant22000 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 am If you are comfortable with Mikrotik CLI, you CAN install an EC25-AF (which does support B13) in Mikrotik LTE products. But, I wouldn't recommend tackling this option for Mikrotik beginners. Installing the hardware is the easy part, it's the getting the Mikrotik device to properly identify and work with the EC25-AF can be a bit tricky. Haven't done this in a while so it might be simpler than it was in the past.
VERY interesting! Any pointers to guides or anything you might recommend to look into it? For $129 I'd be willing to try it.
toddw

Post by toddw »

I had to load the beta OS to get Mikrotik to see the EC25AF that I'm testing with right now. The beta version supports the recent Quectel and they show up in the GUI. I noticed right away the increase in db as there is no cable between the modem and antenna.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”