Got my tower survey, what's next? (relocation)

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
db1234
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Got my tower survey, what's next? (relocation)

Post by db1234 »

Hi,

I have my survey showing some towers within 2 miles and line of sight / Fresnel 60% g2g.

I'm relocating in about 3 weeks from Arizona to Georgia, and I was hoping I could determine which carrier / frequency prior to getting there, order the parts and be up and running on the day I move in.

I don't have anyone locally there in Georgia that could go to the property to tell me what towers they connect to, but I thought the survey would help me with that.

This is in the Euharlee, Georgia / Taylorsville, Georgia area if that would help.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info to help. No carrier preference, but currently have broadband and 150MB down here in Arizona and would love something as close to that as I could get.

Thanks in advance.
Didneywhorl

Re: Got my tower survey, what's next? (relocation)

Post by Didneywhorl »

Jump over to cellmapper.net and find your new home location. There is a search on there on the left side.

right click the map and choose the carrier of your choice. Then find the towers from the survey to their relative positions on the cellmapper map. The tower positions of the cellmapper towers is not always very accurate, but it will give you an idea of what cellular bands are available on the towers that were found on your survey.

Anyone on here can chime in on equipment advice.

email sales@thewirelesshaven.com for equipment advice too.
db1234

Post by db1234 »

I've pulled up the locations on cellmapper.net, however the towers in my survey aren't on the cellmapper.net site.

I was able to find the first tower (with both AT&T and T-Mobile on it) via AntennaSearch:

[url]http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp?sourcepagename=antennachecktowerreview&getpagename=pgtowerdetail_fcc&cmdrequest=getpage&ipos=3&registration_number=1038071[/url]

...however this still doesn't tell me frequency info. So how should I go about finding that?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Unfortunately the info on most sites like cell mapper are crowdsourced and require users of the mobile app to drive around the areas and upload the data for a few weeks. This updates the tower locations and bands.

The band info is not really something that is available, and even the carriers are lazy about registering towers to the FCC.

Usually to get the band info you need connections with inside people at each of the carriers.

The Wireless Haven is working on these kinds of connections, but it seems to be pretty hard to get.

As far as hardware is concerned, honestly the latest modems pretty much support everything, especially the 5G modems. the RM500Q modem literally supports every single US cell band there is. (non mmWave that is)

For selecting a carrier you are likely best looking at the area overall and see what the local towns have saturation of carrirers on cell towers. Zoom out a bit and right click on the cellmapper map and select one of the carriers at a time and you might be best going with the carrier that has the most dots in and around the area you are looking into.

I think The Wireless Haven will tell you the same thing, and honestly the band info isn't something I think anyone can universally have access to. I do know that the survey crew at The Wireless Haven has paid access to a good number of databases and they help maintain a few of them as well.
db1234

Post by db1234 »

Thanks for the reply and trying to help me.

The Wireless Haven is saying that their 4x4 MIMO directional should essentially cover all bands.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It does. Even band 71.

The 700-3800 frequency range is the official range, but it 100% picks up Band 71, even though it is technically around 600Mhz.

I have done it, I can stand behind that.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Would see if TMo home internet is an option

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

Before you get too crazy with the hardware make sure you have the SIM/Data plan worked out.
The hardware is the easy part.

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”