ZBT WE826-T2 PRE AT&T $20 IPAD DATA SIM INSTALL ...

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
melfranklin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ZBT WE826-T2 PRE AT&T $20 IPAD DATA SIM INSTALL ...

Post by melfranklin »

I am looking for some knowledge on the settings for a 20 ipad unlimited data sim card for the we826 lte mobile router. I have already had ATT&t shut down my other $35. ipdad data sim account. they said my "ipad" was not coming back as a ipad imei and i fought hard but they were not entertaining my reasons... so now i was able to get another CHEAPER AT&Tdata plan ... this sim is a orange/white/blue sim ... if that makes a difference... anyway to alter my routers imei so that they cannot say that the imei i registered the sim and used to turn on the account is not the imei thats using all my data on that account. i read about tty setting to change and then i read not to change .... anyone w a working set up? please help :shock:
Jon_T

Re: ZBT WE826-T2 PRE AT&T $20 IPAD DATA SIM INSTALL ...

Post by Jon_T »

IMEI manipulation is at best a legal gray, but a lot of people would consider it illegal in the U.S. and therefore they don’t allow it’s discussion on these forums. Some modems can do it, others can’t. Best thing to do is to google your specific modem for that kind of information. Unfortunately, since you are violating ToS, you will just have to hope it lasts for a while. I only got 6 months out of my $35 plan before they killed it. I’m not convinced just doing an IMEI swap would completely fix the issue either. All they would have to do is look at the type of traffic coming through on high usage accounts.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”