ROOTER for Raspberry Pi 4

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Aks824
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ROOTER for Raspberry Pi 4

Post by Aks824 »

Hi Y'all!

I'm trying to see if anyone managed to build and use ROOTER OS on Raspberry Pi 4. I see there is a build for RPI3b and there is a community build of OpenWrt for RPI4.

If this is uncharted territory, I'm willing to take a stab at it, any guidance on how to build would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Aks
baldwine
Has thanked: 0

Re: ROOTER for Raspberry Pi 4

Post by baldwine »

Aks824 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:16 pm I'm trying to see if anyone managed to build and use ROOTER OS on Raspberry Pi 4. I see there is a build for RPI3b and there is a community build of OpenWrt for RPI4.
There were some stabs at it a couple of months ago on this forum with one user making progress, but it didn't go anywhere as far as I know. I currently run two RPi3B+, load balanced, with Rooter on both of them. There really is no advantage to use the 4 over the 3B+. That being said, the the 3B+ is significantly better than the 3B due to the 1 Gbit ethernet port.

The best image for the 3B/3B+ to use right now is the latest image, based off of OpenWRT 19.07.06, https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/upload/R ... -02-04.zip, which has everything working correctly. Other versions, to include the official version, all have something missing. This is the first complete image that everything works as intended, for me anyway.

Folks have asked for a RPi4 image on the Rooter forums. You could ask there and get a better answer as to why there isn't one. Personally, I think the 4 is extremely overpowered for such a usage. I have one being utilized as my Unifi Controller and another as my DNS server, AdGuard Home. Honestly, I should combine both of them onto one Pi, but it makes it easier to make changes when they are separate.
biorchang
Been thanked: 0

Re: ROOTER for Raspberry Pi 4

Post by biorchang »

There is a Rooter for Rpi4 now. Running it now.

Return to “Firmware”