Noob in the woods...

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
dagnuten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Noob in the woods...

Post by dagnuten »

So we just moved our camper into the woods of NC... where our Verizon phones are slow for using hotspots (weird actually, we get maybe 1 download and 4 to 5 upload speeds... I don’t get it!)

Anyway, looking for some help. What do you think about the WiFix WE826GO-U with a sierra wireless mc7455? With an AT&T gophone I can get lte speeds of 4 or 5 download which seems to be the best thing going right now so was thinking about the We826GO and a prepaid tablet plan.

Will the modem allow for a roof mounted antennae in the future?

I’m super new to this but excited to be full timing in our rv (except the no-internet part!)

Thanks for the comments and help.
Jon_T

Re: Noob in the woods...

Post by Jon_T »

If you are seeing consistently higher upload speed than download speeds, than the tower you are connecting to is most likely congested.

Any of the modems that accept pigtail connections will allow for a rooftop antenna. Your only issue is going to be connectors. There are several different styles that antennas will use so you might want to plan ahead for that. I upgraded to the Cisco antennas when I bought my router and modem from The Wireless Haven, which uses TNC connectors. But my yagi setup uses type N. So I bought some adapters in case I need to use them.

Return to “General and Unclassified”