Both LTE setups have Modem not connected.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
shuless
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Both LTE setups have Modem not connected.

Post by shuless »

Curious, I put my ATT DP sim in the modem and also tried my “ grandfathered “
ATT DP sim as well. I put my APN in the modem default connection profile as broadband and changed the Firewall Custom rules to 65 ( number only) save and apply for everything. I connected the GL-iNet / Em160 in usb enclosure to my outdoor mounted 4x4 MIMO antenna which is pointed exactly to an ATT tower less than 3 miles away and the modem shows present / not connected as well as absolutely no info on the connection part of Network Status section in ROOter. It never connects no matter what I’ve tried. Strange thing is that exactly the same thing happens on my ZBT WG1608 w/ Quectel RM500Q-GL on both SIms. Now on the other hand I can put either SIM in an iPad and they will connect and have internet with no issues. Totally lost here. I used to have great internet with the ZBT 1608 / Quectel RM500Q-GL and 4x4 MIMO setup. Only bought the GL-iNet setup with different modem installed because I figured my first setup somehow went south
Tom franz
Been thanked: 0

Re: Both LTE setups have Modem not connected.

Post by Tom franz »

Try using the mbim mode, i could not get mine to connect in qmi mode. I normal have my ttl at 64.
Didneywhorl

Re: Both LTE setups have Modem not connected.

Post by Didneywhorl »

Signal info is blank because it isn't connected to anything. Is the SIM and IMEI info filled in on the network status page while its trying to connect?

Return to “General and Unclassified”