Losing internet connection?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
bobdog
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Losing internet connection?

Post by bobdog »

I recently picked up a WE826GO (GoldenOrb_2020-03-07) and EM7511 from The Wireless Haven. I followed this tutorial https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233 to get it working with a T Mobile sim. It works great for a few days, then after a few days, I cannot access the internet. I can still connect to wifi and access the router admin page, but no web access. Turn it off and on again, works fine. Few days later, same thing. Any other settings I should adjust to prevent this? Or anything I can check when it happens again (presumably in a few days)?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Losing internet connection?

Post by JimHelms »

Try enabling the The Wireless Haven Ping test:

The Wireless Haven PING TEST.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobdog

Post by bobdog »

Thank you for the quick reply. I have enabled it. I guess it's just a waiting game for now.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Next time it does it, if it does, can you post the output from the command

Code: Select all

at!gstatus?
in the AT Command Terminal.

That's under the Modem menu --> Miscellaneous.
dltccf

Post by dltccf »

I noticed similar behavior using visible. What I also noticed was that whenever it happened the IPV6 info on the status >Overview page would be blank. It would still show the IPV4, so only the V6 was missing. Check to see if you see the same. Maybe it will help me figure out mine also.
2020-04-24 13_15_45-Window.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobdog

Post by bobdog »

Well I'm back with a new twist to my problem 2 days later. I connect to wifi, no internet, but now I cannot access the router page either. I connect to it via ethernet and I do have web access. I ran this at!gstatus? command while connected via ethernet. I'm not sure what this is telling me/

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  273110		Temperature: 42
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B66    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   0		LTE Tx chan: 132322
LTE SSC1 state:INACTIVE    	LTE SSC1 band: B11    
LTE SSC1 bw  : 5 MHz   		LTE SSC1 chan: 5035
LTE SSC2 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC3 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC4 state:NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -71		PCC RxM RSRP:  -97
PCC RxD RSSI:  -73		PCC RxD RSRP:  -100
SCC1 RxM RSSI: -71		SCC1 RxM RSRP: -88
SCC1 RxD RSSI: -65		SCC1 RxD RSRP: -87
Tx Power:      --		TAC:         3521 (13601)
RSRQ (dB):     -11.2		Cell ID:     014d7902 (21854466)
SINR (dB):     10.2

OK
I restarted router and wifi has web access again. I unplug ethernet and connect to wifi and run the command again

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  282		Temperature: 41
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B66    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   0		LTE Tx chan: 132322
LTE SSC1 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC2 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC3 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC4 state:NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -72		PCC RxM RSRP:  -97
PCC RxD RSSI:  -74		PCC RxD RSRP:  -100
Tx Power:      --		TAC:         3521 (13601)
RSRQ (dB):     -12.8		Cell ID:     014d7902 (21854466)
SINR (dB):      6.6

OK
And this is when the wifi wasn't working, but connected ethernet cable:
Capture.JPG
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Strange. I would replace the power supply, I hate the one that comes in the box. You MIGHT, might not, have a junk power supply. Get one with a little more total Amps ....https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/power-adapter/1 ... ter-2-1mm/ This one is pretty strong. I would set it up to reboot every night at like 3am too.
bobdog

Post by bobdog »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:28 pm Strange. I would replace the power supply, I hate the one that comes in the box. You MIGHT, might not, have a junk power supply. Get one with a little more total Amps ....https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/power-adapter/1 ... ter-2-1mm/ This one is pretty strong. I would set it up to reboot every night at like 3am too.
Thanks but here's another twist for you, that is the power supply I am using.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Thanks but here's another twist for you, that is the power supply I am using
LoL! Well poop. I'm tired. I'll have to check back in later when ma brainz are awake.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Ok, Im at a loss to be honest. But, it can't hurt to try installing a firmware version from November... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p5dlka ... p=drivesdk
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Your at!gstatus? Output doesnt show anything out of the ordinary. The DHCP info looks fine too, your dhcp shows its been running for 3 days and was about to expire. Looks ok to me.

Something is overwhelming the bus I think. You may want to try an older firmware, check the furmware version on your 7511 too and see how many fw updates there have been since.

I set my unit up to run

AT+CFUN=0
wait about 5 seconds then...

AT+CFUN=1
wait about 20 seconds then...
Reboot the router

Its odd that anyone should have to, but its a tradeoff for having a firmware that supports so many modems and routers and is 100% free.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Those two commands disable, then re-enable, the transmission channels of the modem. ... more or less. Its kind of a soft modem reboot.
ergeoverkill

Post by ergeoverkill »

Hello, I am completely new to the forum and SIM card modems. A little background before the problem.
The set-up is a WE826GO with Sierra wireless MC7455 on AT&T network. I ordered this FEB 3rd, so whatever version GoldenOrb then was pre-installed.
The issue is exactly the same as what bobdog has going on, I am also using the upgraded power supply since initial install.
This has worked flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. I lost data connection and figured meh no big, gave it a power cycle all good. A few days go by happens again, ok, another power cycle, GTG.
After the first week of 3 instances, the second week brings daily occurrences at random times. I have not logged in to check anything yet, I am completely new to this and figured I would check here first. Also, this is only a WIFI data loss, my devices maintain connection but no data via WIFI, any devices I have hard-lined work fine and are completely unaffected.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

ergeoverkill wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:57 am Hello, I am completely new to the forum and SIM card modems. A little background before the problem.
The set-up is a WE826GO with Sierra wireless MC7455 on AT&T network. I ordered this FEB 3rd, so whatever version GoldenOrb then was pre-installed.
The issue is exactly the same as what bobdog has going on, I am also using the upgraded power supply since initial install.
This has worked flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. I lost data connection and figured meh no big, gave it a power cycle all good. A few days go by happens again, ok, another power cycle, GTG.
After the first week of 3 instances, the second week brings daily occurrences at random times. I have not logged in to check anything yet, I am completely new to this and figured I would check here first. Also, this is only a WIFI data loss, my devices maintain connection but no data via WIFI, any devices I have hard-lined work fine and are completely unaffected.

So your just losing your wifi radio?

What does the last full screen of your kernel log and system log show after it happens? Can you past it here please?
ergeoverkill

Post by ergeoverkill »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:09 am So your just losing your wifi radio?

What does the last full screen of your kernel log and system log show after it happens? Can you past it here please?
The WIFI radio still broadcasts, just no data, I can post a kernel screen this evening or tomorrow morning, I am at work now.
Thanks for the quick reply.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

ergeoverkill wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:57 am Hello, I am completely new to the forum and SIM card modems. A little background before the problem.
Not stepping on @Didneywhorl toes here and you should do as he ask for troubleshooting purposes. Will help you and everyone if there is issue.

But...

Have a family I helped get online with AT&T and about every 3 days same happens as you describe. Please note: with the same router / modem on sprint & verizon I never experience the same issue.

With the latest version of WiFix there is a setting to reboot the router every so often. Look under "Services / Scheduled Reboot". Make sure your time is correctly set, enable and choose a time for reboot. I set the family up to reboot every day at 4:30am.

I also just for safe measures, enabled "The Wireless Haven Ping Test".

That was month ago and they have not reported it happening again. Strange thing this happens mostly on AT&T for me. Happened in way back versions of WiFix too, so starting to think something to do with carrier and not router / modem.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

terryjett wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm Not stepping on @Didneywhorl toes here and you should do as he ask for troubleshooting purposes. Will help you and everyone if there is issue.
No worries :)

Also, if you post, make sure its the System Log AND the Kernel Log please.

And to be clear, the Wifi is there and you can connect to it, but it wont pass internet conectivity, BUT your LAN ports at that time still do pass internet connectivity, correct?
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

And to be clear, the Wifi is there and you can connect to it, but it wont pass internet conectivity, BUT your LAN ports at that time still do pass internet connectivity, correct?
Opps. I missed that very important part...
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Did this ever get resolved? I have this issue as well.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Adm1jtg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:20 pm Did this ever get resolved? I have this issue as well.

If you can access the router's settings page (192.168.1.1) over WiFi, then there's nothing wrong with it, most likely your modem/internet is down for some reason. On the other hand, if you can't access the settings page, restart the router, wait at least 5 minutes to boot up fully, then try each WiFi band separately (rename them as "WiFi-2G" and "WiFi-5G" for band separation).

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”