NEXR5GO 5ghz wifi help

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ch6418

NEXR5GO 5ghz wifi help

Post by ch6418 »

I just set up an The Wireless Haven NEXR5GO, seems to be working fine but I don’t see the 5.8 wifi broadcasting. I can see the 2.4 wireless on other devices and connect OK. Status, Overview, Wireless shows radio0 gray with Type: 802.11bg and Channel blank and no BSSID or encryption. Radio1 is 2.4 wifi and is OK.

Network, Wireless, Wireless Overview shows: radio0 Channel: ? (? GHz) | Bitrate: ? Mbit/s and it appears enabled. If I edit radio0 SSID, the Operating frequency Mode Band Channel Width pulldowns are empty.

I tried deleting and re-adding the radio0 SSID.
I also reset the router to defaults on System, Backup/Flash, Restore. After that only the 2.4 wifi appears (as radio0). I reloaded my saved configuration to get the second radio back.
Also tried the reset button on the back (push for 30 sec) but that did not seem to do anything.
I also removed the modem and tried another router reset on System, Backup/Flash. Same thing – the router resets and only radio0 (2.4 wifi) is present.
Seems like the 5.8 radio is not recognized or no longer setup, but I am unsure how to correct it.

Any ideas appreciated.
radio0blank1.jpg
radio0blank2.jpg
radio0blank3.jpg
reset2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXR5GO 5ghz wifi help

Post by Didneywhorl »

That is strange.

Here is a new firmware image for the NEXR5GO. Try loading it.

Make absolutely certain you do not have the "save settings" box checked when loading the firmware

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P14vtw ... sp=sharing

The openWRT based interfaces can get finnicky when changing major settings with the wifi. Not sure why.

Also the default for the wifi on these has the same SSID and your devices will log into the 5Gh, if useable, first.
ch6418

Post by ch6418 »

Thanks for the firmware link and suggestions. I updated the router and it seemed to flash OK (save settings unchecked). Similar to the reset, I only see radio0 and it has the 2.4 options, don’t see anywhere to set 5.8 channels etc. I should see a radio0 and radio1 correct?

Also, I noticed some differences between my router board and NEXR5GO photos posted by member toddw. Wondering if that may explain what’s going on?
flash1.jpg
flash2.jpg
flash3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ch6418

Post by ch6418 »

What do you think?

Photo of my NEXR5GO:
58wifiRedlined.jpg
Member toddw's photo:
Nexr5go-inside.jpg
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Wow! Yeah, now that I have not yet seen on these.

Mystery solved, lol
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You get it taken care of?
ch6418

Post by ch6418 »

The Wireless Haven got me all sorted out. A big THANK YOU!! to The Wireless Haven for shipping a replacement so quickly. And thank you Didney for the help.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Anytime. :)
markahdz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by markahdz »

Well I have the same issue no 5 ghz wifi only 2.4 ghz, so they end up replacing your router ?
ch6418

Post by ch6418 »

Yes I emailed info@thewirelesshaven.com about it with my order information and they did a RMA.
markahdz

Post by markahdz »

Mine is the same way, I already tried to activate it but no luck I think mine is having problems as well, I didn't pay attention to that because I was working pretty much every day so I don't know if they will send another one.
ch6418

Post by ch6418 »

Is your router missing the 3 microchips like my picture above with the 3 red arrows?
markahdz

Post by markahdz »

Yes it is, I already email The Wireless Haven, Mich got in touch with me and he didn't even blink on sending another router and a label to ship this one back, maybe it was a wrong batch, who knows.

Return to “General and Unclassified”