Banned from Cricket Wireless

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Vangsta
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Banned from Cricket Wireless

Post by Vangsta »

Hello friends,

This is a wonderful community. I have a question for all of you. I purchased a teknikal 4g LTE+ Advanced OpenWRT Cat12 Unlocked Sim Router Modem with 3X Carrier Aggregation running on the latest GoldenORB firmware. It has the Quectel EM12G Modem.

I have Cricket Wireless as my mobile carrier with the $60/month Unlimited + 15 gb mobile hotspot. When I logged into the router, I changed the TTL settings to 64. I couldn’t find the APN for Cricket Wireless or other users who had Cricket Wireless to change the APN to. I saw in the package insert that if my carrier was AT&T (Cricket Uses AT&T towers) to change it in the modem to “broadband.” I changed it to “broadband” in the APN settings and the modem/router recognized my sim card as Cricket.

The internet was working great and provided great speeds, north of 30 mbs down and 15 mbs up. I tried to lock onto bands 2, 12, & 14 and it took the code and provided internet. I couldn’t tell for sure if it was indeed locked onto the 3 bands or not. I proceeded to use the provided internet for 30 minutes then there was suddenly no internet left. I opened my browser and got the message attached. Please help me and see why I got banned and if it will reset on my next billing cycle. I also would like to know if any users have experienced being band? Please tell me how I can check if it indeed was locked onto the 3 specified bands.

I also own a MOFI 4500 SIM7 for 4 months with no problem with the carrier.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: Banned from Cricket Wireless

Post by Didneywhorl »

What did teknikal say?
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

Here https://www.cricketwireless.com/legal-i ... olicy.html it says:
Prohibited SIM Card Uses

Your Device uses a Cricket SIM Card to access our data services. You are prohibited from inserting a Cricket SIM Card into a device other than a Cricket authorized phone, smartphone, or tablet Device to access our data services.
Perhaps they actually mean it.
punkguy00017

Post by punkguy00017 »

uhmm i had cricket and their apn is ndo not broadband hence why u got band
Vangsta
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vangsta »

Hello friends, thanks for your input. DO you know how can I tell if I have CA or not when I entered the code?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Vangsta wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:49 pm Hello friends, thanks for your input. DO you know how can I tell if I have CA or not when I entered the code?

Vangsta's not so gansta anymore once the service got banned. LOL just kidding!
Insert the sim card into a phone, then call them to un-ban your account.
Just tell them that you had it inserted into a car tracking GPS unit and you won't do it anymore.
Change your APN to "NDO" (without the quotes), also make sure that you're on the $60 plan with less restrictions.
If "NDO" gets banned too, you could also try the APN as "phone" or "nxtgenphone" (without the quotes).

To check if CA is active, go to:
Modem > Network Status > Cell Information > LTE Band
If it shows "Band X aggregated with band Y" then it's active. It's normally off, and CA only turns on during heavy data transfers, so you must have an active file download in the background or another tab.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”