EP06 vs EM12 AT+Command mapping

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
megaplow

EP06 vs EM12 AT+Command mapping

Post by megaplow »

Hey All,
I have a EP06 setup and am trying to get a EM12g working. Looking at the EP06 AT commands and the Quectel manual (https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Dow ... l_V1.0.pdf), some commands are not found :| . Specifically the commands below.

Code: Select all

AT+QMBNCFG
AT+EGMR
AT+QPRTPARA
Are there alternate or equivalent commands for the EM12? :D
Didneywhorl

Re: EP06 vs EM12 AT+Command mapping

Post by Didneywhorl »

megaplow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm Hey All,
I have a EP06 setup and am trying to get a EM12g working. Looking at the EP06 AT commands and the Quectel manual (https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Dow ... l_V1.0.pdf), some commands are not found :| . Specifically the commands below.

Code: Select all

AT+QMBNCFG
AT+EGMR
AT+QPRTPARA
Are there alternate or equivalent commands for the EM12? :D
Quectel likes for us to play puzzle games and doesnt include commands in all manuals. The QMBNCFG commands are in the BG96 MBN Application note manual:
Quectel_BG96_MBN_Application_Note_V1.0.pdf
The EGMR command is a protected command that is a not allowed to be supported here on this forum. It is not in any manuals.

The AT+QPRTPARA command I still haven't found in an official manual and was told by Quectel it was a command that was for internal Quectel use only, which is baloney but....

I do know AT+QPRTPARA=3 will factory wipe your modem, including rewriting the original IMEI. I also believe they say that using it is very hard on the NVRAM and can damage it if used too much, though I have not seen it. My belief is that its usually not needed.
If you do use it, then the command AT+QPRTPARA=1 is absolutely necessary. This command forces the modem to start saving all parameters to NVRAM properly. Otherwise your modem will lose all settings changes after a hard reset or power cycle. I had to learn this one the hard way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megaplow

Re: EP06 vs EM12 AT+Command mapping

Post by megaplow »

@didneywhorl
Thank you very much, the additional doc adds clarity. I think I have enough understanding to start issuing AT commands... fingers crossed I have a working modem on the other side.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”