Router advice

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
PeoplesChamp

Router advice

Post by PeoplesChamp »

Hello everyone! So I’ve been digging down the wormhole of building my own “LTE Router/Modem combo” and wanted to reach out for some advice before taking the plunge. So first some background. I live in the suburbs which typical has great internet. But unfortunately I’m in a apartment complex that is locked to one provider who provides really crappy service. We are talking 1-2 outages weekly and most of the time my phones faster than home internet. So this got me to looking at LTE Routers. I have T-Mobile. I have a iPad line that I don’t use much and actually have a 5G line that’s not being used at all. I get about 70 mbps on LTE with steady 4-5 of signal and on 5G is always over 100mbps with 4-5 bars as well. I’m looking for a recommendation for a build. Is there equipment that can take advantage of my 5G or should I build around LTE? I mostly use internet for streaming and occasional gaming but nothing crazy. Signal shouldn’t be an issue and I’m also in a small apartment about 900 sqft. Any recommendations on a router and modem would be greatly appreciated. I’m pretty techy however this will be my first router modem hookup. So advice, tips, tricks, and equipment recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Sean
RockyinNM

Re: Router advice

Post by RockyinNM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wireless.Joint/

Wg3526 + em12
$275
WG1608/EM160R
$500

here is some idea's --almost cheaper than U can build-your mileage may vary :)
Rocky
PeoplesChamp

Post by PeoplesChamp »

I put in a request to join the group yesterday hopefully it goes through. They may deny it cause it’s a brand new FB account and looks fake. LOL I just don’t use FB and literally created a new account to browse that group and the Wireless Joint group.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

PeoplesChamp wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm I put in a request to join the group yesterday hopefully it goes through. They may deny it cause it’s a brand new FB account and looks fake. LOL I just don’t use FB and literally created a new account to browse that group and the Wireless Joint group.
No worries, I did the same thing-only joined to check out used equipment-(did buy a router/modem)-and learn more about LTE
you will be fine--I kept my FB account to the bare minimum--and NO looking up lost girlfriends--LOL
PeoplesChamp

Post by PeoplesChamp »

If they are lost they are that way for a reason. Best advice my dad ever gave me! 😂🤣
Can’t wait to get in and browse. See what I can find. Most of the MOFI ones I’m finding are extremely overpriced.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

PeoplesChamp wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:54 pm If they are lost they are that way for a reason. Best advice my dad ever gave me! 😂🤣
Can’t wait to get in and browse. See what I can find. Most of the MOFI ones I’m finding are extremely overpriced.
You will find MUCH better choices than the MOFI--do your homework--search the forums, read what others have done with similar carriers, signal strength, ect.
Once you are (accepted) ;) then the equipment is another (click) link away--best of luck to you-with your signal strength, and being close to the towers, you should do very well----
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

PeoplesChamp wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm I put in a request to join the group yesterday hopefully it goes through. They may deny it cause it’s a brand new FB account and looks fake. LOL I just don’t use FB and literally created a new account to browse that group and the Wireless Joint group.
If you get declined let us know. Usually brand new Facebook accounts are declined, because banned users try to get back in the groups by creating new accounts.
PeoplesChamp

Post by PeoplesChamp »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 am If you get declined let us know. Usually brand new Facebook accounts are declined, because banned users try to get back in the groups by creating new accounts.
I’m in thank you!
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

PeoplesChamp wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:26 pm I’m in thank you!
I still like these-let us know the route that you take--

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wireless.Joint/

Wg3526 + em12
$275
WG1608/EM160R
$500

here is some idea's --almost cheaper than U can build-your mileage may vary :)
Rocky

Return to “General and Unclassified”