Best VZN data with a Max Transit Duo? PagePlus? Tweaked prepaid? Reseller?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
erutan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best VZN data with a Max Transit Duo? PagePlus? Tweaked prepaid? Reseller?

Post by erutan »

My partner needs to be able to do video professionally, so we've been finalizing the data setup on a campervan so we can work out of town in a self-contained way. due to the benefits bonding can provide for video stability, we splurged on a Max Transit Duo router. Crickets 100GB data plan was a no-brainer, but the lack of b71 on the device makes me want to have the second modem be VZN instead of T-Mobile (though their $50 100GB plan would be perfect otherwise).

Visible is a no go due to the ~150ms latency on their network - I've been playing with a VZN prepaid unlimited plan and shifting TTL to 65, turning off health checks, setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 & 9.9.9.9, running laptops behind firewalls, etc and it's intermittent. It'll be up only for a few days, work normally, cut to up only again. That seems a little finnicky to rely on.

How are the PagePlus 200GB data plans in practice? It seems there's no latency on the ping which is great, and I don't mind de-prioritized data that much as we'd be in fairly unpopulated areas. It seems like if that'd work with the IEMI and there's no catches it'd be better overall than the other solution that seems viable (getting an old unlimited hotspot plan leased off of the grey market for 3x as much a month).
toddw

Re: Best VZN data with a Max Transit Duo? PagePlus? Tweaked prepaid? Reseller?

Post by toddw »

Fyi on page plus, they would never let my Telit LM960s to register. So keep that in mind.
erutan

Post by erutan »

Thanks for the heads up Todd.

At https://www.pagepluscellular.com/activate/ I got "This phone is not VoLTE capable and not eligible for activation with Page Plus." but from looking around the forum some people still have SIMs working on other routers fine (I can always activate it in my phone, though my router does capture SMS).
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

There are options better the eBay and the gray web.
The problem is most need a “Membership” fee and the push
renting their equipment.

They also feel a little sketchy. I have a friend using TM with No Limit Data.
He has been working from home for a year now. Zoom calls E-Mail.

Going to be hard to get a VZN option. They have the best network and they police it very well

No Limit data
https://www.nolmitdata.net/shop

Nomad Internet
https://nomadiniternet.com
erutan

Post by erutan »

All the "reseller" plans available on VZN are either reselling Visible plans or sketchy afaik, and I'm not going to buy some crappy CAT4 modem to go along with it heh. ATT & T-Mobile are easier to get in a reliable reseller plan (though the 100GB for $50 TM plan is appealing if you have b71 hardware support hence those being the only options in the links you shared, neither of which has a VZN offering.

I don't really need the 400-600GB that most of those "unlimited" plans offer and the peace of mind using the 100GB Cricket plan is fine for me in that respect if I can pair it with a similar VZN plan, hence looking for one of their old VZN hotspot plans or PagePlus (I don't really know much about the latter, but $55 a month for 200GB of deprioritized VZN sounds great if it'd work with my router).
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

erutan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:25 pm I'm not going to buy some crappy CAT4 modem to go along with it heh. ATT & T-Mobile are easier to get in a reliable reseller plan.
There was also a BYOD(Bring Your Own Device) - SIM ONLY Does not include a modem option
Just sharing information for you and others.

How are you doing video professionally with so little data?

Keep the group updated on your quest of VZN data :D
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Hot-Spot-Comparison.png
Hot Spot Data Options
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
erutan

Post by erutan »

My partner is a licensed therapist and needs to do zoom calls, but not 24/7. Having drops and glitches isn't ideal hence going for bonding. I do web development on a laptop which isn't very bandwidth intensive... I wouldn't consider aiming for 200-300GB of data a month "so little". For consumer video we can usually just grab a bunch of shows on the iPad while using WiFi somewhere.

There was no SIM only plan for VZN (or any VZN) on either of those links, and reseller plans have been incredibly unstable recently so I'd do it as a 2nd SIM since my first one is stable (100GB of ATT network). Getting a second ATT card doesn't get me true redundancy, and T-Mobile is a bit limited due to my routers lack of b71 support.

I'm aware of carrier bands and official plans - there's no official verizon plan that's decent for hotspot use aside from the old retired one you can get a lease on, hence my questions about either the PagePlus hotspot plan (which seems like it's IMEI locked to a few devices) before I just go for an old unlimited VZN plan lease. Or just try and get the $50 100GB T-Mobile plan and see how we fare without b71.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Have you not tried Visible directly yourself? I couldn't find where you mention Visible other than resellers possibly reselling them.
aniserf

Post by aniserf »

I recently read an article on nomadinternet.com about wireless internet solutions, and I must say I was disappointed. The article lacked depth and seemed to be nothing more than a thinly-veiled advertisement for their products. It offered no real insights or valuable information for those seeking wireless internet solutions. Frankly, I felt like my time was wasted by reading it. While I appreciate the efforts of nomadinternet.com to promote their products, I think they need to focus more on providing valuable content to their readers instead of just promoting themselves.
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

aniserf wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:22 pm I recently read an article on nomadinternet.com about wireless internet solutions, and I must say I was disappointed. The article lacked depth and seemed to be nothing more than a thinly-veiled advertisement for their products. It offered no real insights or valuable information for those seeking wireless internet solutions. Frankly, I felt like my time was wasted by reading it. While I appreciate the efforts of nomadinternet.com to promote their products, I think they need to focus more on providing valuable content to their readers instead of just promoting themselves.
Avoid Nomad like the plague. Go to the Rural Internet Reddit forum and do a search. They are hot trash.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”