Changing FW on a cradlepoint aer1650 possible?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
itzjae
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Changing FW on a cradlepoint aer1650 possible?

Post by itzjae »

Scored an aer1650 at an amazing pricepoint- unfortunately doesnt allow me to modify ttl anyone know if it will support any other FW? Didnt see anything on openwrt and wasnt sure if the board inside was similar or the same to a different router where I could flash something else on it, wanted to salvage the router if possible before I open it up to pull out the MC7455 and use it in a different router
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Changing FW on a cradlepoint aer1650 possible?

Post by JimHelms »

itzjae wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm Scored an aer1650 at an amazing pricepoint- unfortunately doesnt allow me to modify ttl anyone know if it will support any other FW? Didnt see anything on openwrt and wasnt sure if the board inside was similar or the same to a different router where I could flash something else on it, wanted to salvage the router if possible before I open it up to pull out the MC7455 and use it in a different router
The Cradlepoint routers do not support other firmware, though many have tried.

You also cannot modify the TTL. Since the AER1650 does not have wifi and relies on an access point or WiFi router to distribute the WiFi, you can place the AER1650 in IP Passthrough mode, and couple it to a good WiFi router where the TTL can be modified.

Return to “General and Unclassified”