MOFI4500 Hangs when too many requests made

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
flagoworld
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MOFI4500 Hangs when too many requests made

Post by flagoworld »

I am having an issue with my MOFI4500 that even the people at MOFI cannot seem to resolve. Wondering if anyone here has any insight:

My MOFI router will just sort of hang for a while under certain circumstances. As far as I can tell, it happens when a device makes a barrage of requests, even if they are tiny. For example if I plug in my Alexa device, it bombs the network instantly as it tries to update. Can't even start up the device.

In the kernel log, you can see that while the device is hanging, the "Qidx(1), not enough space in MgmtRing, MgmtRingFullCount=591!" error is logged repeatedly until I stop the device from sending requests and it recovers after a few minutes.

Additionally, when this happens, I am unable to make requests (spin forever), and accessing the router config page is very slow.

This has been happening for over a year and I have kept the firmware up to date.

https://gist.github.com/flagoworld/6b5d ... e09ac50cdf
ylrkdr

Re: MOFI4500 Hangs when too many requests made

Post by ylrkdr »

Perhaps you should hook up another router to the MOFI, and have everything run off that instead?
flagoworld

Post by flagoworld »

I actually just tried that and so far things seem OK. For example before, hooking up an outdated alexa device would immediately take down the network when it tried to update. I was able to start the alexa device just now.

But that is not a solution, that is a hack. Would love to be able to fix the actual problem...
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

The "Problem" or OFI ( Opportunity For Improvement) is the WiFi in the MoFi is a type-N & a Cat4/6 modem
WiFi 802.11n was introduced in 2007 and now is a little dated. You may be asking too much from your MoFi.

There are many options in the LTE store that could fix this issue.
As mentioned from the post from yirkdr, use the MoFi as a modem only or sell the MoFi and update your hardware game!! :ugeek:
flagoworld

Post by flagoworld »

I see. I appreciate the insight and understand now. I am currently having no further issues and will continue to use the external router. I suppose, in the end, I am asking too much from the Mofi device. Thank you for the help.

Return to “General and Unclassified”