Calyx, PCsforPeople, Mobile Citizen users - input?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

Calyx, PCsforPeople, Mobile Citizen users - input?

Post by thejohnfist »

I spent some years volunteering for a non-profit (volunteer fire dept) and the chief is still a good friend of mine. I mentioned to him about mobile citizen and we're thinking about trying it out. I think he'll be fine with just using the Franklin unit, as he lives about 60 yards from the tower. I on the other hand am about 3 miles out. Do these things play nice with WE826 units and MC7455? Anyone using these in anything other than specified device? Yes I know it's against TOS but I'm desperate for better than what I've got since AT&T got thrown off the Sprint/Tmo owned tower in town.
ylrkdr

Re: Calyx, PCsforPeople, Mobile Citizen users - input?

Post by ylrkdr »

Are you talking about the same Franklin unit that went with the TMO test drive? You'll have to read the ToS thoroughly to see if you can switch sims, I hope you can. Don't think the Franklin unit will work too well three miles out. YMMV.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10 ... 5890&hilit

JimHelms
Site Admin
Re: What is the right sprint 4GLTE router for me?
Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am

One thing to note is that the MC7455 has random connection/disconnections issues on Sprint Band 41.

Most have gone to using the EM7565 for Sprint Band 41 where it is available. Note that the EM7565 does not have Sprint Band 25.

Others are using the Quectel EM12-G CAT12 modem for Sprint which does have Band 25, 26 and 41 and seems to work well.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

Oh boy. I wonder why it has disconnection issues with 41.

When I had my Magic Box with Sprint, B25 would give me 70+mbps, not sure what level of CA is happening there, but hopefully I can get something like that going if a sim swap works.
radec

Post by radec »

I have mobilecitizen and have been using it with an EM06-A for about a year now, it has been working great for me. But I have no experience with the MC7455.

I have never been able to connect to band 41. But I think that is because I don't have line of sight and am a couple miles away.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

radec wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:39 am I have mobilecitizen and have been using it with an EM06-A for about a year now, it has been working great for me. But I have no experience with the MC7455.

I have never been able to connect to band 41. But I think that is because I don't have line of sight and am a couple miles away.
What sort of antennas are you using if I may ask.
radec

Post by radec »

thejohnfist wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 am What sort of antennas are you using if I may ask.
I am currently using these antennas:
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/wifi-a ... extension/

I have been thinking about trying out a directional antenna, but I have a hill that just clips my line of sight. So it would require going up in height and that would probably require a weather proof poe router set up. I haven't gotten around to it because the current setup has been working good enough for my needs. Although it would be a fun project in the future.

I don't have the best signal, but I seem to average 25-30Mbps down 3 Mbps up using fast.com or speedtest. I really can't complain for the price.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

radec wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:14 pm I am currently using these antennas:
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/wifi-a ... extension/

Band 41 has a 'decent' range. Good antennas should pick it up beyond 3 miles pretty easy, but the hill could prevent it.

That being said, you're never going to get B41 with those antennas.

LTE Band 41 2496 - 2690 MHz
radec

Post by radec »

That being said, you're never going to get B41 with those antennas.

LTE Band 41 2496 - 2690 MHz
lol. That is a really great point! Thanks. maybe I'll look into an antenna upgrade.

Edit: I'm on mobile, messed up some syntax

Return to “Internet Service Providers”