T-Mobile Home Internet w/mofi4500

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
maroguy69
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

T-Mobile Home Internet w/mofi4500

Post by maroguy69 »

Hey everyone! I’ve not seen anything posted about all of the carriers home internet option most notably T-Mobiles unlimited for $55/mo.

:?: Has anyone switched from the provided white LTE gateway to the Mofi4500? I’m not wanting t-mo to kick my service for switch the sim to a different device. I’m getting around 20-30Mbps with their gateway and it’s crippled by the internal antennas. I have a Mofi with roof mounted antennas, but stopped using it when att kicked my iPad plan.
triangles

Re: T-Mobile Home Internet w/mofi4500

Post by triangles »

I don't see why T-Mobile would boot you for using a different lte modem. I'm planning on hacking some external antenna jacks to my box as the internal antennas suck unless you are within a few hundred yards of the tower. My testing shows a doubling of speed with a strong signal.
TBHockeysl

Post by TBHockeysl »

i tried the SIM in my Moxi4500 but it didn't work, think it might be a different SIM type. i factory reset my MOFI and put the SIM in, it saw the new SIM but it couldn't get a "PhoneNumber", all the other settings seemed to get set fine. I have already cancelled the T-Mobile because the signal is crap for me, and they should know this before you have to sign up, but they want to try to get anyone they can signed up.

I also did put an external Antenna on my Moxi, works way better...FYI.
maroguy69

Post by maroguy69 »

That would be interesting to attach external antennas to their modem. Other than those it seems like a fairly decent box.
pivotpoint

Post by pivotpoint »

I have T-Mobile Home Internet and put the sim in my Mofi4500 I could get it to register on their network but it would not connect to the internet. I also read with the Home Internet plan you are not allowed to use another device only the one provided. First time I have ever had a sim not work from another device.
ClayC

Post by ClayC »

In order to get band71 does the aim card have to be from a phone with "5g"? Can you get an inexpensive tablet or phone with 4g lite and use that sim card and get band71 in the mofi4500 sim7. Ex. Get a low end tablet with 4g lite for $25 a month's and use it for unlimited internet. Or does the device phone need to be 5g?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

ClayC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:38 pm In order to get band71 does the aim card have to be from a phone with "5g"? Can you get an inexpensive tablet or phone with 4g lite and use that sim card and get band71 in the mofi4500 sim7. Ex. Get a low end tablet with 4g lite for $25 a month's and use it for unlimited internet. Or does the device phone need to be 5g?
B71 isnt a 5G band. NR band n71 is supposed to be for "5G" which is just 4GLTEA++++ at this point. The Quectel EC25AF that is in the MOFI4500 SIM7 can access B71 just fine with a T-mobile data plan. You just need to have access to a tower with the band on it. An antenna that is 600Mhz rated helps, but the 700Mhz ones will work.
Alberteezy21

Post by Alberteezy21 »

TMO HOME Internet plan has been confirmed to be IMEI locked. Findings are in the FB Group. Different apn as well.
BillA

Post by BillA »

The small internal antennas of the Tmobile Home internet box is by design to limit you from high speed/usage on their network. ;D There are plenty of other hardware and service alternatives to that box (https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=5790#p5790).

Return to “General and Unclassified”