LTE connected, Router connected, no internet.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Serpwidgets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LTE connected, Router connected, no internet.

Post by Serpwidgets »

A few weeks ago, the power went out. When it came back up the router came back up and connected to LTE, and I could connect via wifi and ethernet, but the internet connection is not available to any of the devices connected via wifi or ethernet.

I spent several hours to finally get it back to working that day. And the power went out again today and when it came up again, the same thing happened.

So I need two things: to get it working again, and a way to preserve whatever settings so that I don't have to waste half a day every time the thing is unplugged or the power goes out.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: LTE connected, Router connected, no internet.

Post by JimHelms »

I have never heard of this before. If you pull the power manually, and plug it back in, will everything function correctly?

If so, I would consider using a surge protector, and if your power goes off on a routine basis, may even install a small battery back up/surge protector.

Are you having to reconfigure the router after a power outage? If so, you can download a backup of your configuration. Then, when needed, you can reload it within a minute or two.
Serpwidgets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LTE connected, Router connected, no internet.

Post by Serpwidgets »

When I cycled the power (tried it about 3 times) it came up the same way. I take the sim and put it into the pocketwifi and I get internet access from there. I put the sim back in the router, it connects, it can ping and tracert the wrt site so the modem/sim are definitely connected to the internet. I can connect to the router with both ethernet and wifi, and open the admin interface so both of those are functioning. It's just that the wifi/ethernet are kept from using the internet connection.

Several hours later, I did nothing but put the sim back and re-cycle power and magically it works. I noticed that before everything was connecting with ipv6 and now it's on ipv4. I did disable that earlier with an AT command (At!custom="IPV6ENABLE",0) and had done several reboots after doing so, so I'm not sure why that didn't take previously. But I suspect that was the culprit.

In wifix admin under system->backup/flash firmware I did a "generate archive" and hopefully this will allow me to restore things easily next time. (Just putting this all down for future reference or anyone who's googling the same problem. Possibly me, LOL.)

Return to “General and Unclassified”