Plug and Play / Turnkey solution for VZW (or step by step)

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
joshujosh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Plug and Play / Turnkey solution for VZW (or step by step)

Post by joshujosh »

I'm on Verizon's "New Unlimited Plan" aka fUDP. I'd like to add a line ($20/mo!) and use it as a dedicated home LTE replacement, without triggering any hotspot limits. To bypass those limits is rather complicated, per my understanding. There's the issue of setting TTL, VPN, and especially getting a device that will activate on Verizon's network properly, without presenting as a hotspot.

I'm able to use my phone with VPN + TTL settings on client devices to ad-hoc get through this problem. I want a more "robust" solution, that also supports clients where I can't change the TTL, and I hope to use it at home and cut the cable cord, or while traveling.

Is this a solved problem? Bonus if I can get something portable with WiFi + ethernet (optionally, + battery) where I could use the built-in WiFi when traveling, and then connect to my more robust WiFi network at home.

More bonus points if I can easily swap in 5G mmWave when it becomes more widely available.
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Plug and Play / Turnkey solution for VZW (or step by step)

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

If you can use AT&T, Take a look at

NIGHTHAWK® M5 MOBILE ROUTER (MR5200) 5G

Not sure if you can control the TTL settings Hits most of your dream list :geek:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/m ... r5200.aspx

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”