PSA - ATT iPad Plan Users who got kicked or need replacement.

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

PSA - ATT iPad Plan Users who got kicked or need replacement.

Post by thejohnfist »

The $20 Postpaid plan IS available, you DO NOT need a phone account. The reps in the stores won't be able to see it on their plan list, they have to SEARCH BY PLAN USING IMEI. If they do that and you give them a tablet that can use their network, it'll show up, $20 tablet only plan. I'm using it right now. This is exactly what I did.
gscheb

Re: PSA - ATT iPad Plan Users who got kicked or need replacement.

Post by gscheb »

thejohnfist wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:30 am The $20 Postpaid plan IS available, you DO NOT need a phone account. The reps in the stores won't be able to see it on their plan list, they have to SEARCH BY PLAN USING IMEI. If they do that and you give them a tablet that can use their network, it'll show up, $20 tablet only plan. I'm using it right now. This is exactly what I did.
Thank you for this,
Can you please let us know what other steps it takes for it to work with LTE modem.
Thanks again.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

If you're already using the old ipad plan then no changes at all. Otherwise I believe the only change needed for ATT has always been:

Apn: broadband
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

thejohnfist wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm If you're already using the old ipad plan then no changes at all. Otherwise I believe the only change needed for ATT has always been:
Apn: broadband
OK that sounds good.
Was there any contract on the post pay Tablet plan?
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

No contract as long as you're not getting a new device through ATT.
eseck

Post by eseck »

thejohnfist wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:30 am The $20 Postpaid plan IS available, you DO NOT need a phone account. The reps in the stores won't be able to see it on their plan list, they have to SEARCH BY PLAN USING IMEI. If they do that and you give them a tablet that can use their network, it'll show up, $20 tablet only plan. I'm using it right now. This is exactly what I did.
Did you notice any Video throttling by chance?
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

eseck wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 pm Did you notice any Video throttling by chance?
I honestly can't say for sure, since AT&T removed their hardware from my primary tower, I've gone from getting 70-90mbps to 5-15mbps. So buffering does happen. That being said, when speeds are decent, amazon prime streams fine in 1080. I don't use netflix so can't speculate.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

I'm going to toss this on here as an added bit of information, that I can't say for sure and is only speculation on my part.

I think the reason AT&T removed itself from my primary tower, was not voluntary. A company called STC Five LLC owns a lot of towers in my area, and I'd suspect nation-wide. STC Five is part of Sprint, who as we know, has been absorbed by T-Mobile. Well, why would T-mobile want ATT hardware on it's towers?

Sprint probably did these deals to bring in extra revenue, but I don't think T-Mobile wants the competition. So if you experience sudden (seeing some people complain about this on facebook) outage or low performance from ATT where you previously had great signal, check the tower ownership.
Mattflexreed

Post by Mattflexreed »

Is it unlimited?
scottfree
Been thanked: 0

Post by scottfree »

Weird ever since this was posted Ive had Att issues... they are probably going to kill the plan again as more people do it. This is my only option... you have cheap ass people with access to cable internet choosing to do this and people like you making it easy as possible...
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

scottfree wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 am Weird ever since this was posted Ive had Att issues... they are probably going to kill the plan again as more people do it. This is my only option... you have cheap ass people with access to cable internet choosing to do this and people like you making it easy as possible...
I can't do anything about 'cheap ass' people who want to abuse this. I'm doing it to help people like myself who have zero options for wired internet of any kind. I've also made the thread to prevent endless requests for this info on this board, which there's already a plethora of threads about.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

I kinda see both sides of this. I feel pretty much the same when people use this option to save a few bux a month and use terabits of bandwidth on the cell towers when they do have access to fiber or cable. Hopefully for most who are here, this is their only option to get a true broadband connection rather than paying $100/mo for hardly 1Mb/s DSL. On the other hand it is nice to have a thread like this to not have to repeat the same answers to questions that are asked over and over. No matter if a thread like this exists or not, their gonna find the answer regardless if one takes the time to do a little bit of research.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

Considering this info is all over Reddit and Facebook, having it here will probably see orders of magnitude less traffic.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”