iPad ATT Plan Alternatives

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
snoopykc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

iPad ATT Plan Alternatives

Post by snoopykc »

Hey all,

So my parents are in a bit of a pickle. They have a house they built in an area where the only internet service is a local WISP. Top speed is only 2mbps... not very fast. They were using an ATT account from a reseller for awhile which had much better speed but that guy just disappeared back in March. I found them an account on eBay which worked great up until last night. They lost service and their MoFi showed the sim card was working but was connected to WCDMA. We did some research and figured the account was suspended; we confirmed it this morning when I called customer service. The CSR said she had no clue why it was suspended but she reinstated the account.

Obviously I am are working on limited time until its killed again so I'd like to find an alternative for my parents. After doing some googling, I found this site which has been a tremendous help so far. I am hoping you guys can help me with my dumb questions since I'm new to this. My parents still have their MoFi4500 v2. So if they could reuse it that would be great. I read some threads on here about some people using T-Mobile pre and post paid after setting the APN and TTL, but there isn't a lot of other people using the MoFi units, seems like its mostly Sierra cards and other units.

My main question is, I'd like to test the service before I put them on it. I currently have the top tmobile magenta plan. If I put my SIM in their mofi with the new APN and TTL will it work? And what other options are available that would work with MoFis?

Thank you so much for your help!
Dr-BroadBand

Re: iPad ATT Plan Alternatives

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Can play with the iPad SIM (APN and TTL) and hope for the best

Plan-B take a look
For data see https://www.nolimitdata.net
Just started with this company will let the group know how it works out. ;)
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

snoopykc wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:51 pm Hey all,

So my parents are in a bit of a pickle. They have a house they built in an area where the only internet service is a local WISP. Top speed is only 2mbps... not very fast. They were using an ATT account from a reseller for awhile which had much better speed but that guy just disappeared back in March. I found them an account on eBay which worked great up until last night. They lost service and their MoFi showed the sim card was working but was connected to WCDMA. We did some research and figured the account was suspended; we confirmed it this morning when I called customer service. The CSR said she had no clue why it was suspended but she reinstated the account.

Obviously I am are working on limited time until its killed again so I'd like to find an alternative for my parents. After doing some googling, I found this site which has been a tremendous help so far. I am hoping you guys can help me with my dumb questions since I'm new to this. My parents still have their MoFi4500 v2. So if they could reuse it that would be great. I read some threads on here about some people using T-Mobile pre and post paid after setting the APN and TTL, but there isn't a lot of other people using the MoFi units, seems like its mostly Sierra cards and other units.

My main question is, I'd like to test the service before I put them on it. I currently have the top tmobile magenta plan. If I put my SIM in their mofi with the new APN and TTL will it work? And what other options are available that would work with MoFis?

Thank you so much for your help!
Just put the T-Mobile sim in the mofi and make the TTL set to 64.
apn is : fast.t-mobile.com

Also there are allot of people here using the post paid AT&T tablet plan. Works like the old Pre-paid used to work.
Charles88
Been thanked: 0

Post by Charles88 »

Where do I find the post paid plan. I can't get logged into my att landing page. After they suspended my account
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Charles88 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 pm Where do I find the post paid plan. I can't get logged into my att landing page. After they suspended my account
You have to call in or go into a store in person. It is not listed online as far as I know, yet. It is generally meant to be an add on to an unlimited phone data plan, if I recall correctly.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:17 am You have to call in or go into a store in person. It is not listed online as far as I know, yet. It is generally meant to be an add on to an unlimited phone data plan, if I recall correctly.
You can get them to set you up, the store people cant see it without an IMEI. Have them look up plans by IMEI and it'll come up, $20 only unlimited post paid plan. I'm on it right now.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”