Verizon tablet unlimited post paid plan

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
RockyinNM

Verizon tablet unlimited post paid plan

Post by RockyinNM »

Hi,
I have the Verizon unlimited tablet post paid plan. 2 tablets for price of 1--50% discount, and then with military discount $8.67@ month, per tablet.
I'm NOT using it as my primary internet, as I moved to the city, (for a while) but like to try and stay informed as I can--as we are not long for the city life, as we hunt for a property out of town.

My question is, I do not see much reference to this plan that I have--is it because after 15gigs, it can be de-prioritized ? The most data that I have run through it is around 50-60 gigs @ month.
When I activated the sim, it was in the tablet, and shows it as a tablet on Verizon's Webb site.
I'm using this in a WE826 T2, with a 7455 modem.
Thanks, Rocky
delta95521

Re: Verizon tablet unlimited post paid plan

Post by delta95521 »

Yeah, it seems that the att and tmob tablet plans are the most talked about. Perhaps it's because verizon has a reputation for sniffing traffic to a deeper degree than others. What if any magic did you do to get it working?
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

delta95521 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:54 am Yeah, it seems that the att and tmob tablet plans are the most talked about. Perhaps it's because verizon has a reputation for sniffing traffic to a deeper degree than others. What if any magic did you do to get it working?
As I stated in the post--I activated it in a working 4g tablet (cheap) off FleaBay.

Made sure it was up and running as a tablet on my Verizon account, and showed up as said tablet as one of my devices.
Then took the sim out. and popped into my WE826 T2 with 7455, and set the TTL.
Hope this helps, as it is dirt cheap.
Rocky
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

What TTL did you use ??
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Dr-BroadBand wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:09 am What TTL did you use ??
Sounds crazy, but in NM, I used 117---but then moved to TN, and now using 65. Go figure :o

I did use this:

# This file is interpreted as shell script.
# Put your custom iptables rules here, they will
# be executed with each firewall (re-)start.

# Internal uci firewall chains are flushed and recreated on reload, so
# put custom rules into the root chains e.g. INPUT or FORWARD or into the
# special user chains, e.g. input_wan_rule or postrouting_lan_rule.

#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 65
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
#end TTL rules

I copied this from a few different users @terryjett , and others, I'm sorry if I do not give credit to all who posted this (for me) working TTL--special rules.

When in NM, I did NOT have the (ip6tables) included??

ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65

---and I made sure the all my DNS settings were correct--thanks @Billa-and others--as these, as well were not set up.
Rocky

PS: I'm not the one to write a sticky, by Anyone's stretch of imagination--But I see tons of peeps searching for this information.
Rocky
pridefc

Post by pridefc »

Hey RockyinNM. Thanks for the great info! Are you still using the Verizon postpiad tablet plan? I plan on doing the same thing but another member said his plan was locked for doing this.

http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=13975#p13975
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

pridefc wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 pm Hey RockyinNM. Thanks for the great info! Are you still using the Verizon postpiad tablet plan? I plan on doing the same thing but another member said his plan was locked for doing this.

Yes, I still have the plan, as I have stated before, it is not my primary internet at this time, do to very poor signal, even though I'm in the city limits.
Usually, about once a month I break it out (WE826) and use an old laptop, and run 50-60-gigs through it-just because--but it is hard for me to see if they are prioritizing me.
One other thing comes to mind, is my tablets (2), you are allowed (2) are on my phone plan---NOT, data only tablet plan.

(cut and paste)this is what they call it now--
Unlimited Plan
Unlimited 5G Nationwide / 4G LTE Data (15 GB Premium Data)
Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (15 GB of 5G Nationwide / 4G LTE Data)
720p HD-Quality Streaming
4G LTE only. After 15GB, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Mobile hotspot/ tethering reduced to speeds up to 600 Kbps after 15 GB/mo.
(end)
They may have better ??? plans than this, I have not checked--Mine is called on the (2) phone lines (Do more unlimited)

What I would do if/when you get your tablet added, they ask for the imei
imei of the device, (before) sending sim, or you may have a 4g Verizon sim already--but they want that imei #--make sure it is a 4G tablet--not some hotspot---
go to Verizon site, I have shortcut on desktop, so U can check quickly, try what ever TTL you think, 117,65??, run some data, and check Verizon site, and you should be able to go to usage, and it should have a list of devices, and check if you are using regular data, or hotspot--if hotspot change your TTL to something else.
Make sure--
To do a ping, get default address—probably 192.168.1.1
then do a CDM command window—type ping(space)192.168.1.1 hit enter and you should see your TTL settings.
APN is VZWINTERNET

Let us know how it goes, and if I can help-ha ha--just post ;)
pridefc

Post by pridefc »

RockyinNM wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:21 am Yes, I still have the plan, as I have stated before, it is not my primary internet at this time, do to very poor signal, even though I'm in the city limits.
Usually, about once a month I break it out (WE826) and use an old laptop, and run 50-60-gigs through it-just because--but it is hard for me to see if they are prioritizing me.
One other thing comes to mind, is my tablets (2), you are allowed (2) are on my phone plan---NOT, data only tablet plan.

(cut and paste)this is what they call it now--
Unlimited Plan
Unlimited 5G Nationwide / 4G LTE Data (15 GB Premium Data)
Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (15 GB of 5G Nationwide / 4G LTE Data)
720p HD-Quality Streaming
4G LTE only. After 15GB, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Mobile hotspot/ tethering reduced to speeds up to 600 Kbps after 15 GB/mo.
(end)
They may have better ??? plans than this, I have not checked--Mine is called on the (2) phone lines (Do more unlimited)

What I would do if/when you get your tablet added, they ask for the imei
imei of the device, (before) sending sim, or you may have a 4g Verizon sim already--but they want that imei #--make sure it is a 4G tablet--not some hotspot---
go to Verizon site, I have shortcut on desktop, so U can check quickly, try what ever TTL you think, 117,65??, run some data, and check Verizon site, and you should be able to go to usage, and it should have a list of devices, and check if you are using regular data, or hotspot--if hotspot change your TTL to something else.
Make sure--
To do a ping, get default address—probably 192.168.1.1
then do a CDM command window—type ping(space)192.168.1.1 hit enter and you should see your TTL settings.
APN is VZWINTERNET

Let us know how it goes, and if I can help-ha ha--just post ;)
Thanks for all of this! Especially taking the time to explain everything to help me out.

I currently have 3 phones on Do More Unlimited and 3 tablets on the connected device 50% off unlimited plan.
I should have my WE826-Q and EM7565 today(had to go the Ebay route until these guys are able to restock). So I'm going to add another tablet plan today and start playing with this. I still have an old LTE ipad lying around that I've only been using on wifi. If they do end up blocking my new line it's not an issue for me as long as it doesn't affect my other lines. I know that's a possibility but I've only read about the offending line being blocked so far.

I'll post an update in the next couple of days.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

pridefc wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:55 pm ...
I should have my WE826-Q and EM7565 today(had to go the Ebay route until these guys are able to restock)....
Who restock?

thewirelesshaven sells the Q under the NEXQ6GO name, with their own firmware. Its in stock.
pridefc

Post by pridefc »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:43 pm Who restock?

thewirelesshaven sells the Q under the NEXQ6GO name, with their own firmware. Its in stock.
Thanks for the correction. I need to get another one so this is good timing!
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

pridefc wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 pm Hey RockyinNM. Thanks for the great info! Are you still using the Verizon postpiad tablet plan? I plan on doing the same thing but another member said his plan was locked for doing this.

Het pridefc, did you get set up, how is it going, what TTL did you use--are they de-prioritizing you?
Any feedback would be great.
Rocky

Return to “Internet Service Providers”