Trouble activating Page Plus in WE826GO

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
frugalzach
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trouble activating Page Plus in WE826GO

Post by frugalzach »

Hi, Everyone! Newbie here. Just got my new WE826GO-U and Quectel EP06-A modem. Installed the modem, inserted my Page Plus SIM, and am attempting to setup my Page Plus account. The PP website asks me to specify my ESN or MEID. I tried the modem's IMEI, but PP gives me the following message: "This phone is not VoLTE capable and not eligible for activation with Page Plus." I am clearly doing something wrong. . . any tips? If there's already a tutorial for rubes like me, please feel free to direct me there. ;) Thanks!
terryjett

Re: Trouble activating Page Plus in WE826GO

Post by terryjett »

Do a search on the forum for "PagePlus". There is a lot of information at your finger tips :)

For instance: https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... t=pageplus

I have never used / activated PagePlus, but from what I gather by those in the know, you activate the SIM in a approved / compatible phone. Make a test call, surf the net to verify all good. Then you move the SIM to your router / modem.
frugalzach

Post by frugalzach »

Thanks, terryjett! That helped tremendously. I got the account activated and SIM card working in a phone. Now, unfortunately, I can't get it working in my WE826GO/Quectel EP06.

I think I correctly followed all the instructions at https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233, but I just can't get a connection. I've tried TTL 64 and 65. Any tips would be most appreciated!
frugalzach

Post by frugalzach »

Because, at this point, this seems like a router settings issue, I'm going to follow the tutorial instructions and post the question on the Routers - Questions and Support board. Thanks!
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Glad you are at least on your way.

I do not know the APN settings for PagePlus, but I would start there to make sure you have that right.

Unfortunately I do not have a Quectel modem, so not help there. Got to get one or two so can understand the commands / settings. Maybe will do that when mad money falls in my hand, lol.

Please do post back the end result.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”