ATT Unlimited Hotspot Plan - ebay

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
brady8807
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ATT Unlimited Hotspot Plan - ebay

Post by brady8807 »

I see resellers on ebay advertising unlimited unthrottled hotspot only plans. Does anyone use any of them or know the specifics? I am currently using a T-Mobile prepaid plan while I try to find out what plan I want to go with. I get a much better signal with the ATT tower a mile away so I'd like to stick with ATT, just dont want it to get shut down like the iPad plan did.
BillA

Re: ATT Unlimited Hotspot Plan - ebay

Post by BillA »

brady8807 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:26 pm I see resellers on ebay advertising unlimited unthrottled hotspot only plans. Does anyone use any of them or know the specifics? I am currently using a T-Mobile prepaid plan while I try to find out what plan I want to go with. I get a much better signal with the ATT tower a mile away so I'd like to stick with ATT, just dont want it to get shut down like the iPad plan did.

Regardless what they say/lie about their "special plans" (bunch of BS!), they are most likely just reselling the standard ATT prepaid plans, which you can get yourself cheaper directly from here > https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans/ Just keep in mind, that ATT has recently started disconnecting heavy data users with no refund (above 500GB/month or even less).
brady8807

Post by brady8807 »

BillA wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 pm Regardless what they say/lie about their "special plans" (bunch of BS!), they are most likely just reselling the standard ATT prepaid plans, which you can get yourself cheaper directly from here > https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans/ Just keep in mind, that ATT has recently started disconnecting heavy data users with no refund (above 500GB/month or even less).
This was what I was thinking. Thanks for clarification Bill.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

BillA wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 pm Regardless what they say/lie about their "special plans" (bunch of BS!), they are most likely just reselling the standard ATT prepaid plans, which you can get yourself cheaper directly from here > https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans/ Just keep in mind, that ATT has recently started disconnecting heavy data users with no refund (above 500GB/month or even less).
So I can get this plan and set my apn to same that it was for the iPad plan and it'll work?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Bobby wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm So I can get this plan and set my apn to same that it was for the iPad plan and it'll work?

Yes, but will be constantly running the risk of being disconnected with no refund, either due to their arbitrary data usage limit or the modem's imei.... it's your call. There are many other prepaid carriers which do not have these restrictions.
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

BillA wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:47 pm Yes, but will be constantly running the risk of being disconnected with no refund, either due to their arbitrary data usage limit or the modem's imei.... it's your call. There are many other prepaid carriers which do not have these restrictions.
Maybe a silly question by who are these "many other prepaid carriers which do not have these restrictions"? Is there a list somewhere of "these plans work for me"?

I have a couple of postpaid phone plans directly from carriers in a Pepwave router. One from AT&T and one from T-Mobile. They're working well but I haven't pushed much data through them yet and I'm probably paying more than I need to. I'm surprised that people seem to be getting away with using Visible SIMs in a router. Maybe I should give that a go.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”