Sierra Wireless MC7455, ATT and Verizon?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
MattA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sierra Wireless MC7455, ATT and Verizon?

Post by MattA »

I assembled a router and SW 7455. It was my understanding the unit was ATT compatible and Verizon LTE compatible.

I went to an ATT webform to check the IMEI for compatibility. ATT said the unit was not compatible with their system. I signed up with an ATT reseller and gave them the IMEI number. The reseller said the number came back invalid. They asked for a picture of the IMEI. I sent it to them. Two days later they had me set up and connected. Worked perfect on ATT for several months until the service dropped. Right now, I'm running on an ATT prepaid card ($50/20 gig) until I can find another MVNO.

I found a good deal on Verizon wireless internet, but when I plug the IMEI into the Verizon webform, Verizon says the unit is not compatible. I this another case where I can get this working on Verizon if I get a diligent reseller? I really would like to have the modem recognized as legit.
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sierra Wireless MC7455, ATT and Verizon?

Post by thejohnfist »

Most cases I think people fudge the IMEI with a tablet or activate it in a cheap phone and hotswap the SIM.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”