Home Internet...AT&T unlimited or other mobile hotspot suggestion?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
emmcee
Been thanked: 0

Home Internet...AT&T unlimited or other mobile hotspot suggestion?

Post by emmcee »

Hello, we moved into a new development in January and have been desperately waiting on Xfinity to wire for cable/internet. In the meantime, we broke down and got Directv but I refuse to get satellite internet because from previous experience I know how crappy it can be and doesn't measure up to its price. COVID hit back in March causing me to work from home and have my kids do virtual school from home as well so we REALLY needed internet. I found PurpleNet through a google search and thought it was a unicorn. They offered unlimited internet through a hotspot device with either a AT&T or T-Mobile sim card. We received the AT&T version but after searching these forums I'm seeing that there are other resellers, as you all call them. It worked fine up until mid-July and it began being extremely intermittent. We would have days with excellent service and then it would go out for a week or so. The provider (PurpleNet) acts as the middle man as he gives us updates on the supposed tickets though AT&T. He switched out the SIM card and that one worked briefly then stopped. As of today, it's been out for 3 weeks and no amount of troubleshooting is helping. After reading some forums on the internet I am seeing that AT&T is cutting a lot of these plans off and I'm thinking ours might have been one. I had no idea they technically aren't legal.

What is my best option for internet without a contract while I wait for Xfinity? Can you all suggest a RELIABLE reseller or explain how I can purchase the AT&T unlimited iPad plan and connect it to a router for home WiFi. We stream Netflix and Hulu occasionally but we mainly need it for watching videos for school and video meetings through Zoom and Microsoft Teams. My job also provided me with a unlimited Jetpack device through Verizon but it's slow in my home since it only gets about 1 bar. Any ideas how to boost this signal as this may be another option? Thanks!
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Home Internet...AT&T unlimited or other mobile hotspot suggestion?

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

8-) For your data see https://www.nolimitdata.net

For a modem and WiFi see NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE
https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Nighthaw ... B07G5KWZ3H
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Home Internet...AT&T unlimited or other mobile hotspot suggestion?

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

The Orbi 4G LTE Advanced Tri-band Router (LBR20)
Would also be good a good pick. Could use it as a WiFi router when you get cable.
The equipment that Xfinity is going to "give" your will be crap.

The LBR20 just came out. I have not used, it but it looks cool.

https://www.netgear.com/Orbi/LBR20.aspx

Return to “Internet Service Providers”