ZBT WG3526 LTE Router Quectel EM06-A, should I buy?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
RockyinNM

ZBT WG3526 LTE Router Quectel EM06-A, should I buy?

Post by RockyinNM »

An associate of mine, three states away has one of these he bought of the internet, and has been running an AT&T sim in it, for around 6 months.
He knows even less than I-lol
But he just got high speed cable, and asked me if I was interested.
I think it will run Verizon, as that is the sim I'm now running in my WE 826T2 with a 7455 modem.
He said he would take $165.00-is it worth it, and I'm sure it is not running one of our good firmware's? Would it have to be flashed?
thanks, Rocky
In retrospect-It would not really be that much of an upgrade, just having that cat 6 modem, would it?
gscheb

Re: ZBT WG3526 LTE Router Quectel EM06-A, should I buy?

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Currently using this set up. Like the Quectel modems. No the modem is not an upgrade from the MC7455. The router is due to it has better lan port and can get downloads out of the lan ports exceeding 100 down. But if you are not getting connection that is exceeding 100 down then no there would be no upgrade for you on this one.
RockyinNM

Re: ZBT WG3526 LTE Router Quectel EM06-A, should I buy?

Post by RockyinNM »

gscheb wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:53 pm Hello,
Currently using this set up. Like the Quectel modems. No the modem is not an upgrade from the MC7455. The router is due to it has better lan port and can get downloads out of the lan ports exceeding 100 down. But if you are not getting connection that is exceeding 100 down then no there would be no upgrade for you on this one.
Thank you for the advice, I kind of had that feeling. ;)

Return to “General and Unclassified”