Sprint unlimited options

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Mcons
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sprint unlimited options

Post by Mcons »

hey guys what plans/ mvno are you using for sprint? I've tried page plus but get throttled. Does verizon still have a option prepaid etc?
At&t I need nat 2 and as soon as I was able to receive it my speeds and latency went down the toilet.
Tmobile isn't that great here but I remember sprint was years ago
Viper67857

Re: Sprint unlimited options

Post by Viper67857 »

I got nat 2 on my gaming devices through AT&T by routing only the consoles through a VPN in the same city that all my normal AT&T traffic goes through... Doesn't add much to the latency on the consoles, opens up the nat for them, and has no effect on my other devices...
Mcons

Post by Mcons »

Viper67857 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:59 pm I got nat 2 on my gaming devices through AT&T by routing only the consoles through a VPN in the same city that all my normal AT&T traffic goes through... Doesn't add much to the latency on the consoles, opens up the nat for them, and has no effect on my other devices...
I have a static ip through att and my ping jumped to 70 and speeds more then halfed what I was recieving before
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Mcons wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:54 pm hey guys what plans/ mvno are you using for sprint? I've tried page plus but get throttled. Does verizon still have a option prepaid etc?
At&t I need nat 2 and as soon as I was able to receive it my speeds and latency went down the toilet.
100% CalyxInstitute.org I have multiple accounts

If you can qualify. Mobile Connect or PCsForPeople

You're welcome ;)
Mcons

Post by Mcons »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 pm 100% CalyxInstitute.org I have multiple accounts

If you can qualify. Mobile Connect or PCsForPeople

You're welcome ;)
My issue is it states you can't use your own device? Or is that rare to get caught?
ocamrazor

Post by ocamrazor »

Currently on sprint networks, once the sim is activated, you can swap it to another device. If you get caught by calyx though they will ban your service. If you need customer support ever, you' might need the original device provided to account.

Sprint uses generic firmware on sierra modems. and the apn set up can be a little tricky depending on where you are but it's usually ispsn.

100% calyx, if you pay the first year in full the service comes out to about $42 a month.
Mcons

Post by Mcons »

ocamrazor wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:30 am Currently on sprint networks, once the sim is activated, you can swap it to another device. If you get caught by calyx though they will ban your service. If you need customer support ever, you' might need the original device provided to account.

Sprint uses generic firmware on sierra modems. and the apn set up can be a little tricky depending on where you are but it's usually ispsn.

100% calyx, if you pay the first year in full the service comes out to about $42 a month.
Ok sounds good I currently have a quectel em20-g but I will look into it !
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Ive run Sierra and Quectel and Telit modems in "4G LTE" routers, using my SIM card from the hotspot they give, for over 2 years now.
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

Calyx is good if you have good signals. Priority unlimited data due to how it is provisioned which is incredible IIRC. It's rare you get caught with device mismatch. My friend has been using it over a year in a Foxconn modem.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Mcons wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:54 pm hey guys what plans/ mvno are you using for sprint? I've tried page plus but get throttled. Does verizon still have a option prepaid etc?
Is there any evidence that you can get Sprint and run on T-Mobile towers if you don't have Sprint?
Lightforest

Post by Lightforest »

I only have access to band 25 and band 26 through Sprint since it appears that band 41 has been decommissioned. That said, I get great connection to the towers since I have two high gain 1900Mhz yaris (was with AT&T until yesterday). Is band 25/26 sufficient as far as speeds are concerned? I keep hearing conflicting reports.
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

It's sufficient if the tower is not congested. It's really bad if it is congested because band 25 is its main band. The congested tower that I have my friend connected via 25 or 26 is unusable. Thankfully 3CA B41 makes a big difference.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”