Does connection monitoring cause periodic reboots?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
LilAkka
Been thanked: 0

Does connection monitoring cause periodic reboots?

Post by LilAkka »

So right now it seems my router is either rebooting or just losing connection once a day, then reconnecting. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that connection monitoring will cause periodic router reboots. Is that correct? If so is there a way to disable that feature of connection monitoring? Or is it better to have connection monitoring turned off? Any help with figuring out this connection issue is appreciated.

My router is a WG3526 with an MC7455.
Yipzy

Re: Does connection monitoring cause periodic reboots?

Post by Yipzy »

I don't see how it would make your modem lose connection as it just does periodic ping command to make sure it gets a reply from the ip you set and without it you won't get to reconnect or reboot the router automatically. If anything it actually tries to keep your connection alive without getting disconnected for idling. If you really think it does cause it, try turning it off in the modem page and monitor the disconnects.
LilAkka
Been thanked: 0

Post by LilAkka »

I tried turning it off and I still got a disconnect, this time instead of auto reconnecting it did nothing. So I guess it’s not connection monitoring. I got a new power supply to see if that was the issue, but now only certain webpages and apps load even though it says it’s connected.
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

Try to switch DNS provider instead of using the ones from your ISP. Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 or Google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 will work.

Return to “General and Unclassified”