Firewall rules allow IPV6 connection

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jjhdtv
Has thanked: 0

Firewall rules allow IPV6 connection

Post by jjhdtv »

Sorry if this is a double post but I'm having little luck finding a path forward

Trying set up the latest GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 on a ZBT WG3526 with a Sierra MC7445
Using AT&T Broadband I have a working IPV6 address that I can successfully ping from the outside.

However, my goal is to make a connection from the outside to have access to the router's webpage on the given IPV6 address and eventually other devices/ports on the local network on the router.

I'm assuming I need to set up custom firewall rules to allow remote access via IPv6 to various ports. However, after days of research and trying to learn Goldenorb's custom firewall settings, I have not been unsuccessful. Just trying to start with port 80 so I can get to the router setup page.

Since I can ping, I must be close. I have used various online port scanners that have verified my IPv6 but show all ports closed or inaccessible. Even after I thought I setup firewall rules to allow wan access.

Admittedly, I have zero experience with Openwrt , Goldenorb and IPV6. In the past only IPV4 and a public facing IP.
Hopefully someone on these forums can offer a solution or point me the right direction.
My other question is will the IPV6 be static from AT&T Broadband? Or are there other options if not static (like a dns service)?
thank you, J

Return to “General and Unclassified”