Split mARC 2 - 2.4 GHz MIMO CPE + 2.4GHz Access Point - Great WiFi Repeater

A place to sell products and services. NO SPAMMING
Forum rules
ABSOLUTELY NO SPAMMING. Delete when no longer available.
terryjett

Split mARC 2 - 2.4 GHz MIMO CPE + 2.4GHz Access Point - Great WiFi Repeater

Post by terryjett »

DSCN0464.JPG
DSCN0465.JPG

The Split mARC outdoor installer kit was designed to provide WISPs a complete solution for data connectivity at the customer premises. The "model 2" CPE is designed to receive 2.4GHz wifi signal only. The included Outdoor 2.4GHz AP broadcast a 2.4GHz wifi signal only.

One example use for us geek heads is documented in PDF below.

The kit offers a high powered 2.4GHz 2×2 MIMO CPE device for connectivity to virtually any MIMO access point, along with an outdoor demarcation device to provide a grounding point and wired/wireless connectivity into the customer premises.

The outdoor demarcation device also offers an always-on management WiFi network for easy, non-intrusive troubleshooting and configuration.

Flexible mounting solutions and unique mobile app interfacing make installations a breeze.

Arc’s intelligent Flex-based user interface features an array of powerful Configuration and diagnostic utilities to make installation and support a breeze. Coupled with the Flex mARC’s always-on management WiFi network, all support can be managed without intrusion into the customer premises.

Features:
* Revolutionary Split Design
* Customer Access Point
* Network Extension
* Installer Network
* Hotspot Network (personally never tried or attempted)
* Powerful 2x2 mimo technology CPE delivers delivers great speed
* Always-On management WiFi network for non-intrusive configuration and troubleshooting
* WiFi access at demarc can be used for customer network, management interface, or network extension/hotspot.
* Split mARC can be used as wireless extender, residential gateway or HotZone coverage point
* Demarc provides electrical ground point prior to customer premises entry.
* Hardened USB 2.0 connectivity between the CPE and demarc device
* Build in ArcOS delivers extensive reporting, powerful features and easy management

Mounting Features:
* Slide out I/O access door allows for easy and clean cable routing
* Tiltable locking mounting system
* Wall or pole mountable for versatile installation environments
* Sleek (7x7 in.), UV stable enclosure allows for clean, inconspicuous installations

Originally manufactured and sold by antennas.com but they are no longer in business (or least not for these devices).

More detail information, spec please refer to:

All About - Our Example Setup - Good Overview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jubf36sye3qt ... 5.pdf?dl=0

About and Firmware Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8x963sjasblx ... o.pdf?dl=0

Manual in box:
DSCN0462.JPG
Above PDF's are pretty much all the documentation we have. Really easy and simple for those that have ever messed around with routers. Recommend you have some knowledge about the subject as we do not provide support for the unit setup / operation.

Many of these were sold at "Ham Fest Events" and flea-markets over the years. They always sell fast and people are always asking for more. Electronic geeks cannot get enough of them. Sadly this is the last of the last (at least for us). Cannot find in bulk any longer and people who have them will not sell... Have a few left and with current events, will not be selling at flea-markets, etc. anytime soon.

So if you want one, suggest you get now. Unless another pallet of them drops from the sky, seriously doubt will ever have again.

Please note: all units tested to power up and sold as is. We will not entertain refunding those that have hammered these to wall and say they do not work. They work and work damn well.

Split mARC 2 - 2.4 GHz MIMO CPE + 4-in-1 Indoor Access Point

Accepting PayPal Only and MUST Have Associated Verified Shipping Address. Will only ship to address associated with buyers PayPal account. Can arrange Venmo as last resort...

$60 + USPS Priority shipping based on buyers zip code.
USA & Canada Only

Just to be perfectly clear: We will not be supporting setup and operation of these units. You should have basic knowledge of wifi routers. The operation of these units are much the same. Do not mind answering few questions, but we cannot be your IT support department for the low offering cost. Will not entertain refunds.

CPE and AP:
DSCN0459.JPG
Accessories:
DSCN0466.JPG
2.4GHZ AP:
DSCN0472.JPG

You will receive one box:

Box 1
DSCN0464.JPG
DSCN0465.JPG

Accepting PayPal Only and MUST Have Associated Verified Shipping Address. Will only ship to address associated with buyers PayPal account. Can arrange Venmo as last resort...

$60 + USPS Priority shipping based on buyers zip code.
USA & Canada Only

Have seven (8) on hand when posting this thread...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ltegg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Split mARC 2 - 2.4 GHz MIMO CPE + 2.4GHz Access Point - Great WiFi Repeater

Post by ltegg »

Hi Terry,
Do I understand correctly that I can use this system to connect to a wifi network far away. The receiver that gets the external signal also creates a local wifi network and then connects (wired) to another wifi access point.

Do you still have this for sale? If so, please contact me.

Thank you,

- Egg
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

ltegg wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:57 pm Hi Terry,
Do I understand correctly that I can use this system to connect to a wifi network far away. The receiver that gets the external signal also creates a local wifi network and then connects (wired) to another wifi access point.

Do you still have this for sale? If so, please contact me.

Thank you,

- Egg
Hey Egg!

Yes, you have the concept correct. But, when you say "far away", just how far away is your wifi source that will be repeated? Can you see the wifi signal at all?

Still have these 2.4ghz units, how many ya want :)

Have 5ghz also, but they are over on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/333661743058

Just days away from moving these 2.4ghz units over to ebay. Been sitting here too long.
ltegg

Post by ltegg »

Hi Terry,
I'm moving into a very small fiberglass travel trailer and will be moving about the country for a couple of months this fall. Working from the road. (the trailer looks like an egg, hence the username)

Many RV parks in vacation spots like near a national park tout free wifi but that is only if you're next to their office and weak even then. I'd want to point at whatever wifi antenna the park uses.

My ideal setup would be as follows, but I don't even know if this would work so maybe you can give me some advice:
1. Mount 2 MIMO directional antennas like the yagi that I see everyone talking about to a painters pole that I'll mount to my camper trailer so I can raise it up and turn it to face the best signal
1.a put lightining arrestors on the top of the pole
1.b use the special waterproofing tape over the connectors (I've read this is important)
2. Put the mARC2 on the top of the pole so I don't need to have a long cable from the antennas to the mARC2 to minimize loss (Seems like a good idea)
3. Put a LTE router, like a MoFi in a weatherproof box on the top of the pole and if Wifi isn't working switch the two yagi antennae to connect to the lte router
4. Connect the LTE router tothe mARC2 so if it doesn't get wifi it uses the LTE router (Not sure if this is possible, if it isn't a good idea I can use the wifi from the LTE router since I'll be close or run ethernet to the trailer and use a router in there)
5. be able to have video meetings from my little egg of a trailer

I have a phone line on TMobile with grandfathered unlimited LTE and I have phone plan with AT&T that I could use also. (2 phones, but I could use the sim from either).

A few questions:
A) Is the mARC2 useful for this or should I just get a router setup as a bridge using openDDWRT?
B) I just realized the parks may use some sort of login page to gatekeep the wifi... that is a possible wrench
C) I've read that Sierra modems & having band 71 are better than some others for T-Mobile. Is that true?
D) Are there holes in my plan? Can I spoof a phone with the LTE modem/router combo? Would the same antennae work for wifi and LTE?

Thank you,

Egg

My egg home https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for ... eridian-id
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Sounds like you have a plan :) Way back in the days, lived in one of those little campers for two years. That was during the big us cellular expansion days, bout 1996 (or best I can recall - the road burnt me up).

There are so many ways you can use antennas. Really hard to say if yagi is better than a flat panel. Reason I say this is have no clue what type of environment you will be in. Trees, mountains, right under a tower. I personally do not like giving advice when have no clue where your locations/environment will be.

Yagi's are generally best in open area and long range. Talking about 5+ miles. Very directional antenna.

Flat panels have a wider 'beamwidth", meaning they see more in terms of area. Plus, they are better at picking up bouncing signals and LTE is all about that.

I have no clue if and when thewirelesshaven.com will be back open, but that WE826 is affordable, pretty tuff and overall good performer.

The mARC could come in handy reaching out to grab wifi in RV parks. The CPE antenna is really good, great gain. Up in the air 10-12 ft and you should be able to grab weak signals.

A few questions:
A) Is the mARC2 useful for this or should I just get a router setup as a bridge using openDDWRT?

Be great for your venture. If I were going to hit the road, would have something like mARC in my war kit. Could be all you need in RV parks.

B) I just realized the parks may use some sort of login page to gatekeep the wifi... that is a possible wrench

All the unit does is "repeat". Shouldn't be an issue. Not going to say which burger chain I repeat wifi from often, but have to get past login page and never an issue,

C) I've read that Sierra modems & having band 71 are better than some others for T-Mobile. Is that true?

I am going to leave that to the pros. T-mobile sucks in my area and never been pleased with any of their bands.

D) Are there holes in my plan? Can I spoof a phone with the LTE modem/router combo? Would the same antennae work for wifi and LTE?

Man, there are holes in every plan. In road adventures you are going to find so many holes, it will fill a book (might consider keeping blog and place advertisements on it).

I use a antenna from amazon (hell guess it ok to say which one, store closed here) and it is capable of wifi and 1800Mhz - 2900Mhz LTE : https://amzn.to/3b0Wfoe

Only issue trying to use one antenna on the road is wifi is 2.4GHz (2400Mhz) and you may end needing lower LTE bands like 700Mhz.

My recommendation is to start a thread in other part of forum with all your questions. There are many people here with all types of road warrior experience.

Since there is no PM on forum. not sure how they expect us to sell equipment. Not a fan of posting my email :) Guess we will figure something out if you want one of the mARC's.

Ok, tired of rambling and betting you are tired of it too. Got some 16 hour days going on, about 5 into them and 10 to go, so off to bed I go...
ltegg

Post by ltegg »

Thanks for the advice! If you want to link to an ebay auction I can message you on there?
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

ltegg wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:45 pm Thanks for the advice! If you want to link to an ebay auction I can message you on there?
Sorry for delay in response. Just not enough hours in the day lately. Setting up a small community WISP out in East Texas and it has consumed my mind, body and time, lol.

BTW, great idea on how to contact:) In the future when I sell something here, setting up a custom script so can use temporary / disposable emails.

Here is the mARC 5GHz @ EBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333661743058

Return to “Market Place”