Travel Data Sounds Sketchy

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

Travel Data Sounds Sketchy

Post by gscheb »

Got this new email today from Travel Data.
Can anyone guess what they might be reselling this time?
Look at the line I marked in red

Mon, Aug 24 at 8:21 PM

Beginning September 5
New Red Plan Available
Great News! Now you can choose from two of the nations fastest LTE networks!

TravelData is now offering an unlimited data plan on the 'RED' network - you know which one it is, but we can't say the name. Here's a hint - it starts with a V, this is IN ADDITION TO our already existing unlimited data plan with the Magenta carrier, that starts with a T, and ends in Mobile ... We first want to make it clear that this is a new service offering, and not a migration for existing customers.

Currently, the data plan is available only in devices purchased from our store, and there are no plans to introduce a 'Bring Your Own Device' plan for the RED network.

Are you interested in the RED Plan? You can pre-order now.
Orders will ship after September 5, 2020, and will ship via Free Priority Mail upgrade - just select the free shipping option at checkout. Pre-order subscriptions will begin on the date of delivery - the date of purchase will show in your account dashboard until the item is delivered.

The two devices that are compatible with our V-RED plan are available below - select the image to go to the store now - to pre-order, simply select the RED Plan option from the carrier selection box on the product page.

Prepaid RED Plan Offering
$65/30 Days
4G/LTE Data with no usage caps, however, during times of congestion data is prioritized behind post-paid network users. Non-Video speeds up to 25Mbps.
SD Video Streaming at 480p Only (~2.5Mbps as shown on fast.com)
Nationwide coverage on a reliable, Vast network
Sim Card, Activation, & Device included in signup fee
Subscription will begin on the date of delivery
PRE ORDER AVAILABLE NOW
Copyright © 2020 TravelData, All rights reserved.
You were subscribed to the newsletter from TravelData

Our mailing address is:
TravelData
PO BOX 3187
QUARTZSITE, Arizona 85359-3187
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Re: Travel Data Sounds Sketchy

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

I tend to stay away from resellers as most of who read my threads know.

Now, if the concern is only in that devices from them can be used on Verizon, that is not a surprise as Verizon does have an IMEI whitelist process.

For example, if any of you were to take one of the "pre-approved" Quectel non "V" modems, that have Verizon bands, Quectel will tell you that the block of IMEIs are "pre-approved" but Verizon requires YOU the integrator of the modem to go through a final certification process before that specific IMEI is allowed to register on Verizon.

There are other reasons why a reseller might want to have control over the device they allow on their Verizon plan but without knowing the actual line type that's being resold, it's a guessing game on top of an already guessing game.

In summary, resellers are happy to take your money as long as you're willing to give it to them. If they have a plan that works for you, that you can't build yourself, have a cheap backup for when the reseller gets cancelled and make do with what you have.

Personally, as I have said before here and elsewhere, I won't do business with resellers as a lot of people, including my neighbors depend on me to provide them with a reliable solution so that they can continue to be employed remotely and their children go to school.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Wandering if they are rigging these to run on Visible. What I was thinking.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Someone else on here said they purchased a plan from them and it stopped working after 4 days and they never responded to their emails.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”