Request for latest Firmware for NEXQ6GO with ec-20 modem

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
TheBurnsbee

Request for latest Firmware for NEXQ6GO with ec-20 modem

Post by TheBurnsbee »

Im currently using the firmware 2020 4 04 firmware with my NeXQ6GO and ec-20 combo and in modem general information, my IMEI number in modem information says UNKNOWN. It does show the Em-20 is present though, which is very strange. Can someone please help me to upgrade the firmware, i cannot find a newer one anywhere?? I was reading that in April there was problems with the firmware communicating with the ec-20. Thanks fellas
TheBurnsbee

Re: Request for latest Firmware for NEXQ6GO with ec-20 modem

Post by TheBurnsbee »

I have found the answer for anyone with the new firmware on the NEXQ6 and having problems with communication between modem and router.
if im explaining this properly, some of the NexQ come with a published firmware only accessible from the man. Its not a firmware upgrade that can be found and would need a special person or manufacturer to set it. You're not going to find it anywhere, i tried.
The basic point here is if you are trying to locate the IMEI number in the settings and it says, "not available" you have a communication issue.
It wouldnt recognize the number but did show the modem installed which threw me off.
Upon trying to upgrade firmware in the back end, also threw me thru a loop. I received the Chinese screen which was ok, but took me to get help finding in English where to upgrade firmware. i also found that the router firmware was new to the point that it didnt match exactly up to the tutorial i had for troubleshooting. i did flash it and then it would just boot itself over and over into the router back end, and would not boot to normal login screen. Bottom line is you cant upgrade firmware on your own.
I talked to an exceptional dude from where i bought the router and i believe i explained this the way he told me. If you run into this issue get a hold of where you got it and you will have to send it back so, they can update the router. Im not the only one this has happened to, so guessing could happen again.
Didneywhorl

Re: Request for latest Firmware for NEXQ6GO with ec-20 modem

Post by Didneywhorl »

Long story short, it already has the latest firmware :)

Return to “Firmware”